Harry Wilson

let’s be honest everyone thought brilliant when we did get him . The boy can pass and has great delivery . I agree a bit lightweight but once again we play him in a position that didn’t suit him

Agree - why bother bringing in somebody on the back of great performances in a certain position , only to nullify that by playing him elsewhere?

let’s be honest everyone thought brilliant when we did get him . The boy can pass and has great delivery . I agree a bit lightweight but once again we play him in a position that didn’t suit him
By everyone I think you really mean the YouTube generation element of our fan base. I think there were several of us unsure how his overall game would adapt to PL football

Agree - why bother bringing in somebody on the back of great performances in a certain position , only to nullify that by playing him elsewhere?
I’m not convinced we really wanted him. The news of Brooks’ serious injury before the season forced our hand. He was the only option at the time we could get in quickly to play the same role. We just soon discovered he didn’t have anywhere near the same level of skill, pace and work rate.

By everyone I think you really mean the YouTube generation element of our fan base. I think there were several of us unsure how his overall game would adapt to PL football

:) I thought he’d be excellent based on the games I’d seen of him on the tv for Derby and Wales.

But as has been said for decades on these forums, you really can’t judge a player that well on tv and he is the prime example of that. The tv cameras just follow the ball, so you miss his runs off the ball or tracking back...or lack of it. You miss his positional awareness etc.

All of that was really highlighted once you saw him in the flesh.

I’d still say he’s worth the punt though.

I’m struggling to think of a club and player less suited to eachother than these two.

I can’t imagine he will be enthralled with the fact of going there either so I presume it’s the option

:) I thought he’d be excellent based on the games I’d seen of him on the tv for Derby and Wales.

But as has been said for decades on these forums, you really can’t judge a player that well on tv and he is the prime example of that. The tv cameras just follow the ball, so you miss his runs off the ball or tracking back...or lack of it. You miss his positional awareness etc.

All of that was really highlighted once you saw him in the flesh.

I’d still say he’s worth the punt though.
But but but...Top Farrier sees everything on his portable telly

The name 'Wilson' features quite a lot on the Forum
..seems not too many of them in Suitgates Engerlan' squad....and that's a pretty dire set of legs to say the least.

;