He's gone

Gutted to see him leave whatever the circumstances. Can never underestimate the job he did for our club. But we move on with a new man at the helm, I suspect we've got choppy waters ahead, but you never know what's around the corner.

It’s a bit of a shame to hear that seemingly every player and staff member is “shocked and stunned”. If he was planning on going, he could’ve let some people know before they heard it on Twitter?

It’s a bit of a shame to hear that seemingly every player and staff member is “shocked and stunned”. If he was planning on going, he could’ve let some people know before they heard it on Twitter?
You'd expect that is what Eddie would normally do, but this could also be symptomatic of where his head is at. He looks knackered.

Brian, can you take your wind up nonsense off this thread. There's loads of others more suitable to your superior intelligence, insights and expression. This is a thread in the immediate aftermath of our greatest ever manager leaving the club. I don't want to see it denigrated by your attention seeking nonsense.

Take it somewhere else

Strangely ..I have not actually been in wind up mode this evening....I've just said what Im thinking....so your post has stunned me a bit.
I've also done a few posts praising your support over the past few seasons.
Anyway its a bit raw..this bad news...so I will do as you ask and come off this thread.

I've seen happens after Eddie before - Lee Bradbury and Groves, Phuck all that, the club is officially a joke.

Absolutely and totally stunned and gutted, knew this day had to come but never wanted it to. : (

He has looked totally stressed and worn down these last few months, I think his dedication and commitment to the club and us the fans has burnt him out ( temporarily I hope ) and he feels he doesn't have it in the tank to go again in 6 weeks. He's a god to us but in reality he as human as the rest of us. I'm not blaming anyone at the club for his leaving. He's given us, everything. A golden era has ended and I've got to get used to it. Who knows what's to come, I can only support 'em and pray they can match Magic Eddie.

Can the Cherries Trust start a fund to get his well deserved statue built and put on display along Eddie Howe way ( formerly Kings Park Drive )

So long Eddie, fare thee well and thank you. It's been our privilege : )
Agree with all of this. He has given everything and needs a break. Don't think we would have had the real Eddie we need if he had tried to carry on at the moment....I know how cumulative stress works on the mind and body.
Who knows though if there are other things within the club that propelled this decision. Hopefully not but I reckon EH gets the break he needs with 99% of fans backing as he owes us nothing and on a purely human level needs it@

Thanks for all the fish, Eddie.

Our beloved Eddie has been too naive for too long. Team selection and formations. We could have done much better with what we had. I'm a staunch Eddie fan but I could see the meltdown long ago. Simply no clue to use what we had.

Love the guy and will miss him. A change at the helm is not so bad as far as I'm concerned but if there's one person that could drag us back into the Premiershit then it would be him.

So good and bad as far as I'm concerned. mostly bad.

Our beloved Eddie has been too naive for too long. Team selection and formations. We could have done much better with what we had. I'm a staunch Eddie fan but I could see the meltdown long ago. Simply no clue to use what we had.

Love the guy and will miss him. A change at the helm is not so bad as far as I'm concerned but if there's one person that could drag us back into the Premiershit then it would be him.

All downhill from here you're naive

Eddie has gone down in my estimation with this decision. Is he the only one who can’t see that he was our best chance of getting back to the PL ? If he loves the club as much as he says he does, why would he drop us in the brown stuff when we need him most ? Reminds me of the time he left us for Burnley. Lots of “I love the club, I’m going nowhere” soundbites and a couple of days later he was gone. Effectively his sojourn with Burnley derailed our promotion challenge that season. If he takes a job at another club within the next couple of months, as already mentioned here, I think he will be dead to me. It would make him appear terribly insincere. What I hope is that he has been overcome with self-doubt following this seasons’ events and GENUINELY BELIEVES that someone else will do a better job for us next season. I could accept that. He’d be wrong but I’d accept it.
If he genuinely feels that somebody else can do a better job for us next season, for whatever personal reason, I can accept why he made this decision. In any other scenario I would feel as though his love for the club might not be as great as he always claimed.
Deep breath.....

I fear for us now. We are in for a few seasons of “pick one from six from the football manager merry-go-round”. I’d be very surprised if that ends well.

Overall I’m absolutely gutted. To lose Eddie is way more painful than relegation.

Only positive - Eddie leaves on good terms with Max. If Eddie takes a break and re-energises maybe, just maybe, there could be another chapter to this story.

:utc: with Tindall or whoever !

;