How long does GON have?

We are emotional shareholders, but that doesn't show up on the balance sheet.

i suppose in business speak we'd be "stakeholders" but the notion that we have any right to demand X, Y or Z from the club or be involved in any way other than as turn-up-and-pay punters is the sad reality these days. And the longer we stay in the top flight(s) owned by billionaires the further from the club mechanisms we will all become.

Quite a weekend here on the Forum.....much ado about a lot of stuff.....it's great being in the thick of it( whoops potential own goal )...I think the posts are getting deeper into detail..and emotion this season due to events and drawing it all out with a bit of poke and less woke is an extremely healthy thing !
All hands to the 'football town' pump..
.....we can do it !

I like to think that the owners of Bournemouth are in for the long haul. They obviously know the risks involved with relegation but the test of their longevity is how they will handle relegation. Perhaps they have given the remit that we sign players to keep us up but ultimately will be for the championship, and are willing to build. Hopefully?

he’s suspended at the moment and under investigation for beating a former girlfriend who’s reynas mum.
I don't think a word of that is true. He's out of contract and had a long-ago physical altercation with the woman who is now his wife of many years. It only came out now because Claudio Reyna tried to blackmail him. That said, I think AFCB could do better for a manager, aside from all of those irrelevancies.

Hence 18 month contract / this was never a long appointment. Clearly there is a plan but one that maybe can’t be implemented yet

I would have agreed had we not just spent £90m on players who clearly are not here for the championship. Had we spent the money signing the best players from the championship and maybe some up and coming youngsters from abroad then I could see that there is a long term plan in place. But instead we’ve just bought players (Semenyo aside) who should we get relegated will be straight on the phone to their agents. It makes no sense.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I think Bill will get it right eventually, but as it stands the short term looks like a car crash.

No smugness here, but as one of the 20%, 80% thought he could do the job. So it's a slight on them to say that. I don't know what they saw in him, but there must have been something. Anyone care to put their head above the parapet and share?
How much managerial experience did Eddie have when he got offered the job first time around?

I would have agreed had we not just spent £90m on players who clearly are not here for the championship. Had we spent the money signing the best players from the championship and maybe some up and coming youngsters from abroad then I could see that there is a long term plan in place. But instead we’ve just bought players (Semenyo aside) who should we get relegated will be straight on the phone to their agents. It makes no sense.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I think Bill will get it right eventually, but as it stands the short term looks like a car crash.

That is untrue. I listened to a podcast with Mark Mcadam and he's said that Dango felt that the Premier League is a maybe little bit of a step too far for him, but he feels he can have a big influence if we go down to the Championship. That would suggest to me Dango is prepared to go to the Championship with us.

Semenyo is clearly prepared to play in the Championship as you have mentioned.

Traore has an obligation to buy and not an option to buy, which again, would suggest to me he's still willing to play in the Championship with us. Of course, he could still refuse to sign but I don't think that would be the case.

Randolf is on a 6 month contract.

The Ukrainian has signed on a long term contract with no indication of a relegation clause so I doubt he will go.

The only one I can see 100% going is Vina.

Last edited:
This from an article about Gallardo (River Plate manager). He's often mentioned as one of the best up and coming coaching talents.

"He’s also great at knowing when to make substitutes and who to use. On a number of occasions, River has won vital games from goals by someone Gallardo has subbed in. He has the ability to see who the game needs and when that player is needed for River to win."

https://footballelements.com/2020/0...predictable-tactician-all-of-europe-is-after/

i suppose in business speak we'd be "stakeholders" but the notion that we have any right to demand X, Y or Z from the club or be involved in any way other than as turn-up-and-pay punters is the sad reality these days. And the longer we stay in the top flight(s) owned by billionaires the further from the club mechanisms we will all become.
If talking business speak, who is going to do a RACI on this club?
G'ON and the players responsible for delivering results, Bill & Co accountable, Blake and Hughes consulted, but we as fans are definitely not informed!!

This from an article about Gallardo (River Plate manager). He's often mentioned as one of the best up and coming coaching talents.

"He’s also great at knowing when to make substitutes and who to use. On a number of occasions, River has won vital games from goals by someone Gallardo has subbed in. He has the ability to see who the game needs and when that player is needed for River to win."

https://footballelements.com/2020/0...predictable-tactician-all-of-europe-is-after/
Currently without a job after leaving River Plate this winter. Previously turned down jobs at Man United and Barcelona, as good as this would be he's a step too far I think unfortunately.

The fact we've waited this long makes me think we never intend to sack him and we are happy to go down. But that makes no sense given that we've just spent £80m on players so I honestly have no idea what the plan is.
The longer we wait though the harder it will be to attract a decent manager and the deeper in the sh*t we will be
t

;