Howe out

...Our defence yesterday wasn’t too bad Mephams error aside.it was the keeper, even If Shawn Jalal had been in goal we would have drawn 1-1...

So Mepham mistake casually forgiven, Begovic not. Great logic.

We have a squad that has spent much of the season blighted by injuries to key players. Currently all our senior players are injured, so it's hardly a surprise that we're without much leadership on the field.

It takes some incredibly obtuse thinking to ignore the significant impact that has.

Carry on

Have we? Are they? They’re having a good season but steady on.

Fact checking is a good way of stopping oneself repeating catchy (but factually errant) one liners.

Our net spend on transfers this year is roughly 70 mil, they've made a 20 mil profit.
Last year our net spend was around 35 mil (plus JD who supposedly got a big signing bonus), theirs was 49 mil. So we've spent about 75 mil more over the last 2 seasons, that's a fairly large amount.
8 points ahead of us with a game in hand, I thought it was a few more to be fair but 3 wins is still a long way when we're playing like we have been lately.

Our net spend on transfers this year is roughly 70 mil, they've made a 20 mil profit.
Last year our net spend was around 35 mil (plus JD who supposedly got a big signing bonus), theirs was 49 mil. So we've spent about 75 mil more over the last 2 seasons, that's a fairly large amount.
8 points ahead of us with a game in hand, I thought it was a few more to be fair but 3 wins is still a long way when we're playing like we have been lately.

And they play their first team in the cup rather than despatch them to the United Arab Emirates for a rest and as a result have a great day out for the fans that work hard to support them today. Apparently doing that is not not possible here without tiring people.

So Mepham mistake casually forgiven, Begovic not. Great logic.

I do agree that nothing is as simple as it looks and the rest of your post has more merit, but yes, this is fine to do. Mepham is 21 and made nine top flight appearances. Begovic has over 230 top flight appearances, has skippered his country, and has a Premier League winners medal

Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water here! We are all down about yesterday but we must get behind the manager and team and re-group for the coming matches. The players will know that they have let themselves and the fans down big time...give them a chance to put things right!

Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water here! We are all down about yesterday but we must get behind the manager and team and re-group for the coming matches. The players will know that they have let themselves and the fans down big time...give them a chance to put things right!

We will. This is an aftermath diagnosis. We will all be singing our hearts out at Brighton. They were also supposed to be putting it right yesterday for the fans that travelled to Leicester though remember.

Over the course of our times in the premiership it’s not too far away and their accounts (which are handily on their website) show similar field losses too. We spend *roughly* the same on average. Some years they spend more, some less. Some years we finish above, some below. It’s the difference between and absolute (instantaneous) viewpoint and a relative one based on a bigger data set. Depending on which one you prefer we’re both right.

I'm reading Meldrum's book. It's reminded me how together we were in those bad old days of points deductions and transfer embargoes. Eddie created a siege mentality of us against the world. That all appears to have gone now. Too many comfortable players. Too little fresh blood in or hard choices regarding players. Too much tactical rigidity. A serious lack of evolution. The club, as a whole, seems happy with where it is. A (lower) mid table side. There have been plenty of sides that have settled for that in the prem. Most of those are now in the championship.
And our complete disregard for the cups is baffling - be good if a reporter would ask EH why he can’t be bothered with them ...

And our complete disregard for the cups is baffling - be good if a reporter would ask EH why he can’t be bothered with them ...

Let's be accurate here, we've given the league cup a right go in the last two seasons and have been knocked out away at a top six club in the quarter final. That's hardly can't be bothered territory.

I've slagged Eddie off about the FA cup as much as anyone too but I'm not sure what team he could have picked this year to be fair to him.

Let's be accurate here, we've given the league cup a right go in the last two seasons and have been knocked out away at a top six club in the quarter final. That's hardly can't be bothered territory.

I've slagged Eddie off about the FA cup as much as anyone too but I'm not sure what team he could have picked this year to be fair to him.
We were the better side in both quarter finals v Chelsea too. Not only was the team selection strong, the attitude was also excellent.

The FA Cup is the competition team selection and attitude has been poor. The 3rd round is tricky after the ridiculous Xmas and New Year program. But it’s the same for both sides.

I don’t think I’ll ever forgive Eddie for picking the lightweight midfield pairing of Surman & Hyndman twice and then Surman & Taylor this year for the past 3 years. That’s not a criticism of the ability of these players, it’s just obvious they are never going to work as a pairing against any reasonable opposition. I’d actually have more respect if we selected an even weaker XI if it made more sense in team balance.

I'm glad someone has mentioned the League Cup - I know its not the FA Cup but to say we've ignored both is factually incorrect. We were VERY unlucky to lose at Chelsea this season, the team that night played their socks off.

Fair enough , yes you’re probably right on reflection re the league cup - certainly last season we were unlucky v Chelsea and conceded that daft goal straight from kick off .
Though we never really looked capable of getting anything there this time around.
It is more the FA Cup , he just doesn’t seem bothered at all .

A massive clear-out is needed this Summer, I don't want to hear anymore bs about a couple of changes and continuity anymore EH because we've gone backwards.
Let's start with the off field staff that Max must tell to do one -

Mostyn, been very quietly last 2 years I wonder why, yes we've heard how you took that massive gamble and saved us but now is the time go you Manc loving cringey leech.

Finney - On matchdays she just runs about like a toilet brush wondering why the queues are big and why there's empty seats. Incompetent.

Blake - Liverpool said they want £12m for Solanke, Blake pays £19m, the guy is beyond incompetent, a pen pushing melt.

Moss - Hey Neil show us how every goalkeeper you touch turns to sh1t. Dross at his job, why are we showing loyalty to this iron who phucked off to Saints and played 1 game in the PL.

Ticket office staff- Robots. Security staff - jobsworths, failed policemen, cowards who go missing when the travellers turn up.

Players - Begovic - a big but very soft and flappy donkey who looks he's playing on a minefield. Sell. Get someone who can catch a ball and is agile.

Surman&Daniels- Not good enough for PL, good servants.
Gosling - had the nerve to slam the captains armband down in anger after giving that performance. Done well overall but not good PL quality.
Ibe - Tries but not got a football brain at all. Same for Mousset, good shot on him but tactically inept. Clyne - another Liverpool failure, invisible.
Stanislas - Where do I begin. Joke.
Rico - £10m on player who looks like he's won a competition to play. Also looks like he's got PTSD.

And then there's the ones who have talent but just turn up when they feel like it - King, Wilson, Fraser (all looking like they want bigger things and if that's the case we're in trouble.

And then May aswell cash in on the ones out on loan because EH clearly fallen out with them or doesn't rate.

The reason you are still manager of us EH has been evident the last 2 years and that's because the majority of your signings have been poor barring Ake, Brooks & Lerma (who I still think cost £10m more than should've).
You have also shown a tactical naivety throughout this process and have failed to improve our defence and CM's. You need to be more ruthless and do the above EH and you have to motivate the players because it's unacceptable. All our TV money goes on staff wages and it winds me up when I see Stanislas coming on wearing gloves in April when it's 17 degrees and then kicks a freekick straight into the feet of a wall straight away.
It's time to wake up and get these parasites out that are draining the clubs resources and giving nothing back to the fans. Sick of it and if we don't make these changes next season we're going down.

Now the training ground is "imminent" perhaps someone at the club could get of their backside and get an architect to design us a new stadium, I'd settle for a sketch for now just something to look forward too would be nice. And perhaps we could try to win a Cup next season rather than throw the matches. Bring Brett back.

Last edited by a moderator:
A massive clear-out is needed this Summer, I don't want to hear anymore bs about a couple of changes and continuity anymore EH because we've gone backwards.

Mostyn, been very quietly last 2 years I wonder why, yes we've heard how you took that massive gamble and saved us but now is the time go you Manc loving cringey leech.

Finney - On matchdays she just runs about like a toilet brush wondering why the queues are big and why there's empty seats. Incompetent.

Blake - Liverpool said they want £12m for Solanke, Blake pays £19m, the guy is beyond incompetent, a pen pushing melt.

Moss - Hey Neil show us how every goalkeeper you touch turns to sh1t. Dross at his job, why are we showing loyalty to this iron who phucked off to Saints and played 1 game in the PL.

Ticket office staff- Robots. Security staff - jobsworths, failed policemen, cowards who go missing when the travellers turn up.

Players - Begovic - a big but very soft and flappy donkey who looks he's playing on a minefield. Sell. Get someone who can catch a ball and is agile.

Surman,Gosling&Daniels- Not good enough for PL, good servants.
Ibe - Tries but not got a football brain. Same for Mousset, good shot on him but tactically inept. Clyne - another Liverpool failure, invisible.
Rico - £10m on player who looks like he's won a competition to play. Also looks like he's got PTSD.

And then there's the ones who have talent but just turn up when they feel like it - King, Wilson, Fraser (all looking like they want bigger things and if that's the case we're in trouble.

And then May aswell cash in on the ones out on loan because EH clearly fallen out with them or doesn't rate.

The reason you are still manager of us EH has been evident the last 2 years and that's because the majority of your signings have been poor barring Ake, Brooks & Lerma (who I still think cost £10m more than should've).
You have also shown a tactical naivety throughout this process and have failed to improve our defence and CM's. You need to be more ruthless and do the above EH and you have to motivate the players because it's unacceptable. All our TV money goes on staff wages and it winds me up when I see Stanislas coming on wearing gloves in April when it's 17 degrees and then kicks a freekick straight into the feet of a wall straight away.
It's time to wake up and get these parasites out that are draining the clubs resources and giving nothing back to the fans. Sick of it and if we don't make these changes next season we're going down.

Now the training ground is "imminent" perhaps someone at the club could get of their backside and get an architect to design us a new stadium, I'd settle for a sketch for now just something to look forward too would be nice. And perhaps we could try to win a Cup next season rather than throw the matches.
Your not happy are you ?

Surman,Gosling&Daniels- Not good enough for PL, good servants.
Ibe - Tries but not got a football brain. Same for Mousset, good shot on him but tactically inept. Clyne - another Liverpool failure, invisible.

Now the training ground is "imminent" perhaps someone at the club could get of their backside and get an architect to design us a new stadium, I'd settle for a sketch for now just something to look forward too would be nice. And perhaps we could try to win a Cup next season rather than throw the matches.

Remember when all we wanted replaced were the north stand taps? ;-)

;