Hyndman loan

Well he will probably get some experience playing in the Europa League (qualifiers) anyway.
Who knows, maybe it will go very well for him.

I would have thought a loan to a championship good club would have been better than a move to a mediocre Scottish club where he'll only get tested twice against old firm teams (between now and January).

I would have thought a loan to a championship good club would have been better than a move to a mediocre Scottish club where he'll only get tested twice against old firm teams (between now and January).
On the other hand, he should at least get a chance to impress.
If he can't get any assists or goals, that will say something though. However, he was a fixture for Rangers until his foot injury so he should get into the side pretty quickly and hopefully get into some good form.

Colombia play their fixtures during the international break. AFCB don’t have any fixtures during this period!
I believe Columbia also play in these south american cups which don’t coincide with our usual qualifying international breaks, no ?

The next Copa America is June 2019 and after that it’s 2024. Travelling and jet lag could be an issue, however their next 3 matches are on the US East Coast which is a shorter flight than Colombia

Hello Cherries fans. Or at least the ones who supported the club before you became a Premier League 'giant'

I came onto this thread to see your opinion of the lad Hyndman because of his loan to the club I support Hibernian FC. Imagine my dismay to see the usual ill informed and bog standard clichés dissing not only Scottish football, but more annoyingly my club. First off FYI the club he is allegedly 'stepping down from' ( Rangers ) have barely been able to buy a win against Hibs for about 5 years … especially at Ibrox.

Though we don't always succeed, what Hibs are known for is attractive attacking football played from the back … and that is our style at the moment, we usually score piles of goals. Your lad should fit in well at Easter Road and enjoy our training centre, which matches up to anything most big English clubs can boast … we are about to build a full sized indoor pitch to top it off.

He should also enjoy our crowd, which last season was an average of 18,000 …. This season we have 13,500 season ticket holders, nearly 4,000 more than your current stadium can hold. Our record attendance at Easter Road is 65,000 and in any match 143,000.

And now the history:

Formed in 1875 by Irish immigrants to Edinburgh, hence the name and colours, Hibernian were the first British club to play in Europe reaching the semi final of the European cup. Other Scottish clubs to reach European semis or finals are Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Dundee and Kilmarnock … not forgetting Celtic and Rangers ( boo hiss ) who have reached multiple semis and finals.

We were the first British club to beat Real Madrid, and the first British club to beat Barcelona in competition. Other clubs to fall at Easter Road Include Napoli with the great Dino Zoff in goals who were humped 5 - 0 to overturn a 4 goal first leg deficit … Napoli were top of the Italian league at the time. Sporting Lisbon, humped 6 - 1 in the Cup winners cup. In the 75/76 season we were the only team to beat Liverpool as they went on to win the UEFA cup. We have crushed other European teams big and small.

We are also the only British club to be mentioned in the first ever official history of Brazilian football, with a tour we had there being credited with introducing passing free attacking football to that country.

These glory days are gone now as the game has become more about money. But Scottish clubs can still give an account of themselves as Aberdeen proved a fortnight ago taking Burnley to extra time in the Europa League …. the difference in the value of the teams was over £100,000,000. Our league, contrary to ill informed opinion is not full of cloggers.

Hibs have a fan culture and a place in pop culture that many clubs can only dream of …. hell, even our hooligans make it into print, though thankfully we don't have much of a problem any more.

For more on Hibs, what our fans are like and what its like watching the club check out You Tube and have your blinkered eyes opened. I get the dismissive arrogance of the likes of those EPL fanboys who support the likes of Man Utd or Chelsea …. but its only 10 short years since you guys were within weeks of oblivion, before which you had barely set foot out of league 1 or its equivalent in over 100 years and a crowd approaching 10,000 for one of your league games would have had your chairman pissing his pants in excitement.

When it comes to pedigree Bournemouth FC can only dream of being able to match up to Hibs. But I as a Hibs fan would never diss your club because of it, the guys who stuck with it all the way deserve respect and to have their club respected as well … so all I would ask you is to remember where you came from before the Russian oligarchs and insane TV money and remind yourselves, and especially the new found 'fans' who couldn't have cared less about the club before that, that you have a long long way to go before you can be so arrogantly dismissive of other folks clubs or the league they play in.

Oh, and for the guy who posted above …. Hibs are many things, but "mediocre" ? …. from a fan of a club who in the eyes of many would be viewed as the very definition of that term that is a laughable comment.

Rant over. I am sorry if my post has offended anybody, but when I see ill informed rubbish spouted about my great club I get a bit miffed. Anyway ..... Good luck to Bournemouth this season, the folk who have always stuck with the club deserve that at least.

Last edited:
Ok, criticism of Hibs v Rangers was harsh but you must understand we're disappointed. To be honest, I think if he'd gone back to Rangers the response would have been much the same. He's a player for which many had high hopes but since he arrived his development has, at best, stalled, or, if we're honest, likely gone backwards.

I'm not sure I see the relevance of you beating Real Madrid whenever it was to us wanting to see a player develop right now. For the same reason that if he'd been sent on loan to Malmo we wouldn't be talking about how they got the European Cup Final in 1979 therefore it must be a good move for him. Our only concern for the player is the standard at which he will be playing this season. In that respect, history doesn't come into it.

He's a player we wanted to see making an impact in our first team squad. There's a place-in-waiting for him when Surman retires. However, by accounts, he was outstanding last time he went to Scotland but that did little to help his cause. Therefore even if he's brilliant for you the only likely outcome afterwards is another loan.

Very few on here forget who we are or where we're from. It's a forum ffs, there probably isn't anyone under 30 on here as they're all on social media. There are plenty on here that chipped in the money to pay the Eddie Howe transfer fee back to AFCB through a forum fundraiser.

Still, thanks for the history lesson. You may be right about Bournemouth FC but I won't argue on behalf of their fans. As an AFC Bournemouth fan all I'll say is our history is as important as that of any other club. A history of success isn't the only kind of history.

The SPL is what the SPL is. I'd be over the moon if you ran rampant in the league with Hyndman prompting you along the way and he came back to us ready to join in the squad. Unfortunately I think Celtic will run away with the title and EH won't make much progress to our squad, no matter how well he plays for you. Which is a huge shame on both fronts.

Anyway, good luck for the season. Look after Hyndman as there's a very good player in there.

Ok, criticism of Hibs v Rangers was harsh but you must understand we're disappointed. To be honest, I think if he'd gone back to Rangers the response would have been much the same. He's a player for which many had high hopes but since he arrived his development has, at best, stalled, or, if we're honest, likely gone backwards.

I'm not sure I see the relevance of you beating Real Madrid whenever it was to us wanting to see a player develop right now. For the same reason that if he'd been sent on loan to Malmo we wouldn't be talking about how they got the European Cup Final in 1979 therefore it must be a good move for him. Our only concern for the player is the standard at which he will be playing this season. In that respect, history doesn't come into it.

He's a player we wanted to see making an impact in our first team squad. There's a place-in-waiting for him when Surman retires. However, by accounts, he was outstanding last time he went to Scotland but that did little to help his cause. Therefore even if he's brilliant for you the only likely outcome afterwards is another loan.

Very few on here forget who we are or where we're from. It's a forum ffs, there probably isn't anyone under 30 on here as they're all on social media. There are plenty on here that chipped in the money to pay the Eddie Howe transfer fee back to AFCB through a forum fundraiser.

Still, thanks for the history lesson. You may be right about Bournemouth FC but I won't argue on behalf of their fans. As an AFC Bournemouth fan all I'll say is our history is as important as that of any other club. A history of success isn't the only kind of history.

The SPL is what the SPL is. I'd be over the moon if you ran rampant in the league with Hyndman prompting you along the way and he came back to us ready to join in the squad. Unfortunately I think Celtic will run away with the title and EH won't make much progress to our squad, no matter how well he plays for you. Which is a huge shame on both fronts.

Anyway, good luck for the season. Look after Hyndman as there's a very good player in there.

Aye, fair enough mate. The history lesson was more prompted by a few comments I felt were dismissive of Hibs as a club. I agree totally that every fan should be proud of the club they follow and that, as you say, on field success is of less importance than the overall journey …. I would imagine you guys are living the dream at the moment.

As for Hyndman. Don't be so sure that Hibs wont be good for him, we have a recent history of taking good players and making them better. Check out John McGinn, who was a decent player when he arrived, but came on leaps and bounds at Easter Rd and has just signed for Aston Villa. Liam Henderson, going nowhere at Celtic who went from us to play for Bari in Italy and attracted a 2 million quid offer from Fiorentina before choosing another Italian club after Bari went bust. Dylan McGeouch another Celtic reject who has signed for Sunderland after shining at Easter Road.

Then there is Scott Allan … a player who though full of talent was a miserable failure at WBA, Birmingham City and a host of other clubs, and yet for some reason in two loan spells at Hibs he has been brilliant and ended up with Celtic poaching him off us for £350,000 … where he has reverted to type and cant get a look in.

Last season we had a guy called Brandon Barker on loan from Man City, they were delighted with the progress he made at Hibs and have now loaned him on to Preston, but have punted us another of their wingers on loan who last season was a regular in the Dutch league for Breda. If we are good enough for Man City to think their players can progress here what more needs to be said?

Take my word for it mate, if you are looking for your guy to improve there are a hell of a lot worse clubs than Hibs, no matter what league we play in.

Hibby, I respect the history, and I recognise that Hibs get bigger crowds than we do (whatever bearing that has on anything) but, history aside, today Hibs are in the equivalent of a EFL Championship league and, IMO, would be a bottom half EFL Championship club at best, so mediocre compared with most other clubs in that league. That said I hope Hyndman flourishes and that he also benefits Hibs.

Hyndman had a great (half-ish) season at Rangers but unfortunately suffered a broken foot or something near the end of the season. He missed the last few games of the SPL as well as AFCB's preseason training. The result was that he was starting last season at a big deficit and while he did make the bench, was not a regular in our side having to compete with an ascendant Lewis Cook, not to mention a startlingly reinvigorated Dan Gosling and an Andrew Surman who for about half the season shocked everyone by becoming our leading scorer.
So to be fair to Hyndman, he hasn't really had a fair crack at things at AFCB yet and if he can get a full season of football in as a starter, that could change the equation.
My assessment from what I've seen of him is that he has flashes of real brilliance peppered with a bit of sloppiness, however I think that if he were able to get a run of games he will get better and more consistent.
Looking forward to seeing if and how he plays for Hibs tomorrow!

Hibby, I respect the history, and I recognise that Hibs get bigger crowds than we do (whatever bearing that has on anything) but, history aside, today Hibs are in the equivalent of a EFL Championship league and, IMO, would be a bottom half EFL Championship club at best, so mediocre compared with most other clubs in that league. That said I hope Hyndman flourishes and that he also benefits Hibs.

I get your points mate and they are valid enough, though I have a feeling that we would make a fist of it in the championship in our current incarnation, at least holding our own in mid table. I've seen quite a few championship clubs in the last few years and cant say I was terrified by what I was looking at.

I agree that it would be silly to argue that the type of quality Scottish clubs can afford isn't miles off what EPL or top half English Championship teams require and consequently the Scottish premiership is reflective of that on the park … our top 5 clubs outwith Celtic are probably about bottom half championship with the rest league 1 standard and that is reflected in how our league pans out most seasons.

From that point of view whether Hibs ( or any Scottish club ) have the resources to turn a fringe EPL player into a first team candidate is indeed open to question, but what Hibs have proved recently is an ability to improve a player enough that there is something to work with when he goes back to his parent club, even an EPL one. At worse he will be far better prepared to go on loan at a level closer to the EPL in January.

Don't look at Celtic or Rangers as a benchmark for what a player can gain from playing in Scotland, they have ruined far more promising young players than they have ever helped. I'm lead to believe that where Hyndman fell down at Rangers was a failure to 'bring it' in the insanity that is the Glasgow derby … Hibs of late haven't struggled too often at Ibrox or Celtic park for that matter and our own derby will be just as much of a challenge for him.

Out of interest, have a look at the Aston Villa forums … though not a loan we took the rough diamond that was John McGinn and improved him enough that he was man of the match in his first ever Villa game this afternoon.

I certainly don't respect this hibby - f*ck him. Come on here having a pop at our ignorance and can't even get the name of our club right.

All these Scottish fans always bang on about what they've done in Europe like they'd have got anywhere near Europe if they played in the English system. What they don't understand is that we were crap for years because we play in the English system so if we eventually have a purple patch and reap some of the benefits of that system then we will damn well enjoy our time in the sun without giving a second thought to ignorant Scottish detractors. Arguably we would have had more success and be much better established if we did play in Scotland - the Bournemouth urban area isn't much smaller than Edinburgh after all.

We could give a history lesson of our own which details all of the false dawns and disasters that have prevented us from kicking on and moving our club to a new level - even now when the sun is shining we still haven't been able to transform the club off the pitch. I can gauarentee that this guy is more ignorant about our history than we are about Hibs.

The reason I am ignorant about Scottish football is that I don't give a toss about it. I don't give a toss about Norwegian football either.

This slagging off Scottish football with a username and picture containing Derek Holmes. Is this what they call irony?!

I'm not slagging off Scottish people - I'm slagging off Scottish people that have a pop at AFCB. I also didn't slag off Scottish football other than saying I don't give a toss.

I certainly don't respect this hibby - f*ck him. Come on here having a pop at our ignorance and can't even get the name of our club right.
The reason I am ignorant about Scottish football is that I don't give a toss about it. I don't give a toss about Norwegian football either.
Slow down, Derek!
The guy is fanatically devoted to his club, as most of us on here are, and wanted to defend it against what he saw as an underestimation of it by some here. It doesn't matter that he didn't know our official name is "AFC Bournemouth", in fact he doesn't need to know anything about our club.
The thread is about Hyndman, and where he is going on loan. He provided some helpful (if a bit rose-tinted, but he's a fan) information about Hibs which I'm sure should be reassuring to many of us as it seems he's gone to a better club than we initially thought.

Slow down, Derek!
The guy is fanatically devoted to his club, as most of us on here are, and wanted to defend it against what he saw as an underestimation of it by some here. It doesn't matter that he didn't know our official name is "AFC Bournemouth", in fact he doesn't need to know anything about our club.
The thread is about Hyndman, and where he is going on loan. He provided some helpful (if a bit rose-tinted, but he's a fan) information about Hibs which I'm sure should be reassuring to many of us as it seems he's gone to a better club than we initially thought.

Na, the guy's post was full of barbs about AFCB even including the line that we could 'only dream of' being like Hibs in some way or another. Then to have the front to tell us not to forget where we came from - he can get tae f*ck.

Hello Cherries fans. Or at least the ones who supported the club before you became a Premier League 'giant'

I came onto this thread to see your opinion of the lad Hyndman because of his loan to the club I support Hibernian FC. Imagine my dismay to see the usual ill informed and bog standard clichés dissing not only Scottish football, but more annoyingly my club. First off FYI the club he is allegedly 'stepping down from' ( Rangers ) have barely been able to buy a win against Hibs for about 5 years … especially at Ibrox.

Though we don't always succeed, what Hibs are known for is attractive attacking football played from the back … and that is our style at the moment, we usually score piles of goals. Your lad should fit in well at Easter Road and enjoy our training centre, which matches up to anything most big English clubs can boast … we are about to build a full sized indoor pitch to top it off.

He should also enjoy our crowd, which last season was an average of 18,000 …. This season we have 13,500 season ticket holders, nearly 4,000 more than your current stadium can hold. Our record attendance at Easter Road is 65,000 and in any match 143,000.

And now the history:

Formed in 1875 by Irish immigrants to Edinburgh, hence the name and colours, Hibernian were the first British club to play in Europe reaching the semi final of the European cup. Other Scottish clubs to reach European semis or finals are Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Dundee and Kilmarnock … not forgetting Celtic and Rangers ( boo hiss ) who have reached multiple semis and finals.

We were the first British club to beat Real Madrid, and the first British club to beat Barcelona in competition. Other clubs to fall at Easter Road Include Napoli with the great Dino Zoff in goals who were humped 5 - 0 to overturn a 4 goal first leg deficit … Napoli were top of the Italian league at the time. Sporting Lisbon, humped 6 - 1 in the Cup winners cup. In the 75/76 season we were the only team to beat Liverpool as they went on to win the UEFA cup. We have crushed other European teams big and small.

We are also the only British club to be mentioned in the first ever official history of Brazilian football, with a tour we had there being credited with introducing passing free attacking football to that country.

These glory days are gone now as the game has become more about money. But Scottish clubs can still give an account of themselves as Aberdeen proved a fortnight ago taking Burnley to extra time in the Europa League …. the difference in the value of the teams was over £100,000,000. Our league, contrary to ill informed opinion is not full of cloggers.

Hibs have a fan culture and a place in pop culture that many clubs can only dream of …. hell, even our hooligans make it into print, though thankfully we don't have much of a problem any more.

For more on Hibs, what our fans are like and what its like watching the club check out You Tube and have your blinkered eyes opened. I get the dismissive arrogance of the likes of those EPL fanboys who support the likes of Man Utd or Chelsea …. but its only 10 short years since you guys were within weeks of oblivion, before which you had barely set foot out of league 1 or its equivalent in over 100 years and a crowd approaching 10,000 for one of your league games would have had your chairman pissing his pants in excitement.

When it comes to pedigree Bournemouth FC can only dream of being able to match up to Hibs. But I as a Hibs fan would never diss your club because of it, the guys who stuck with it all the way deserve respect and to have their club respected as well … so all I would ask you is to remember where you came from before the Russian oligarchs and insane TV money and remind yourselves, and especially the new found 'fans' who couldn't have cared less about the club before that, that you have a long long way to go before you can be so arrogantly dismissive of other folks clubs or the league they play in.

Oh, and for the guy who posted above …. Hibs are many things, but "mediocre" ? …. from a fan of a club who in the eyes of many would be viewed as the very definition of that term that is a laughable comment.

Rant over. I am sorry if my post has offended anybody, but when I see ill informed rubbish spouted about my great club I get a bit miffed. Anyway ..... Good luck to Bournemouth this season, the folk who have always stuck with the club deserve that at least.

Yawn, I vote this the most boring post of 2018.

;