I'm off

Hmm..... you weren't a tourist?
Yes, but I didn't expect what I saw. Every place was like walking down a UK high street.
English breakfast all day and groups of 50 year old bald men shouting for their favourite football teams.
We soon moved up north to Santa Cruz.

On the final leg back to So**hampton after a 2 week cruise to the canaries. Was bizarre walking around in shorts and seeing snow on the ring doorbell!!
First cruise for years and with a 3 year old… has actually been very pleasant

Thought you were about to flounce. Enjoy Portugal and the pastel de nata. Weather here is shite!!!
Pastel de nata tastes really good, one of the first things we buy.
They have a English shop in Almancil we stop off, on the way to Vilamoura.
Quite expensive but great for the groceries you miss from England, like mustard, pasties, english bacon and pork pies.

Had enough of this shite weather, Minus degrees, snow, wind, now rain.
I'm off to Portugal for a month, 20c at the moment spending afternoons playing golf then back to 3 euro beers.
anybody else off to their winter holidays?
Play well. I will still be in the simulator for another 10 weeks or so.

Next month we're off for some sunshine. Combined retirement (last summer) and 40th anniversary (later this year) for myself and Mrs B
Had a time share there for about 20 years. Would sit on the beach watching the Thomas Cook flights come in. Way back, the weekly Concord arrival was a big draw!
Stayed on the South Coast near the "Gap". Great restaurants at the time, nice beaches and very safe.
Enjoy it.

Pastel de nata tastes really good, one of the first things we buy.
They have a English shop in Almancil we stop off, on the way to Vilamoura.
Quite expensive but great for the groceries you miss from England, like mustard, pasties, english bacon and pork pies.
Haha you moan about tenerife, then buy pork pies and pasties in Portugal. Brits abroad are best avoided

;