Jack Butland

SSN 9.21 am

VILLA END BUTLAND BID

Sky Sports News understands Aston Villa have ended their pursuit of Jack Butland, but they’re still in the market for a new goalkeeper in this transfer window.

Stoke are not prepared to budge from their £25m valuation of Butland, who’s made it clear he wants to leave and return to the Premier League.

SSN 9.21 am

VILLA END BUTLAND BID

Sky Sports News understands Aston Villa have ended their pursuit of Jack Butland, but they’re still in the market for a new goalkeeper in this transfer window.

Stoke are not prepared to budge from their £25m valuation of Butland, who’s made it clear he wants to leave and return to the Premier League.

Wonder who will crack first!?

In theory.....Butland....still with his best years ahead hopefully....England squad player [ would likely be next in line if Pickford was injured? ]...highly rated by pretty much everyone....in this current time of big money....you couldn't say 25m was way over the top.
Having said that....however 'big' a club Stoke are, it is a Championship player too. So maybe 20m would be the top end of what anyone will pay for him. Interesting that Villa have dropped out, seeing how they paid all this for Mings and also Targett at 17m or so.
Looks like Begovic is key here....if we could move him on....10m or so....I personally would go to Stoke and say, here's 20m, no add ons....take it or leave it. I would then loan out one of Ramsdale or Travers and keep the other and Boruc.
Only other option seems to be the Polish lad, obviously a smaller fee but I don't know enough about his ability to say I would go for him over Butland.

In theory.....Butland....still with his best years ahead hopefully....England squad player [ would likely be next in line if Pickford was injured? ]...highly rated by pretty much everyone....in this current time of big money....you couldn't say 25m was way over the top.
Having said that....however 'big' a club Stoke are, it is a Championship player too. So maybe 20m would be the top end of what anyone will pay for him. Interesting that Villa have dropped out, seeing how they paid all this for Mings and also Targett at 17m or so.
Looks like Begovic is key here....if we could move him on....10m or so....I personally would go to Stoke and say, here's 20m, no add ons....take it or leave it. I would then loan out one of Ramsdale or Travers and keep the other and Boruc.
Only other option seems to be the Polish lad, obviously a smaller fee but I don't know enough about his ability to say I would go for him over Butland.
dragowski is very good... there might be some videos on YouTube. Butland dies seem the safer option though.

Definitely need to move Begovic out, no way can we support five keepers of Championship level or better
Villa need a Goalkeeper don't they?....oh what joy that would bring!...." What price could we let Bego go for Eddie?........Eddie: What you've actually found someone to take him?....FFS get anything you can....in fact let them have him for nothing.......who is it anyway?.......Aston Villa!....LOL 20 mill.

Reality is that in the current hyper-inflated transfer market then £30m for a decent young international keeper isn’t unreasonable. It’s just we have other priorities in the team where the cash needs to go.

True, if a back up cb with little premier league experience can go for £26million an international keeper with plenty of experience can go for more

If we’re that bothered just put in a a £10 million bid for Heaton; the better, cheaper keeper.

Either get one of these two, or don’t get anyone. Christ don’t sign someone like Bettinelli when we have Ramsdale and Travers arguably ready to step up.

Heaton is on the verge of going to Villa I think

Personally would leave this if stoke are playing silly sods over a fee although with a keeper, if he’s unhappy, they normally leave and I’m surprised his agent isn’t pushing hard for a move so you can see this saga going on.

However IF we signed him, it would be for 5 years+ plus so almost rules out Ramsdale and Travers making it here? Personally would use the money in other areas of the team or better, use it for a stadium!

;