Jack Wilshere

That was funny! All that 'expert' pontificating and you've only watched him on the tele!
What a ridiculous comment. I’m obviously not going to watch West Ham at their ground. So you can’t judge a player from a 90 minute performance on tv? It has to be in the flesh?

What a ridiculous comment. I’m obviously not going to watch West Ham at their ground. So you can’t judge a player from a 90 minute performance on tv? It has to be in the flesh?
If you're setting up your so-called expertise on the basis of 'watching him' then I'd expect your evidence to be also based on what he did off the ball as well as on it.

Anyway, which games did you feel he didn't really do what was expected of him and why?

If you're setting up your so-called expertise on the basis of 'watching him' then I'd expect your evidence to be also based on what he did off the ball as well as on it.

Anyway, which games did you feel he didn't really do what was expected of him and why?
his direct quote was "His legs have gone. Injuries have taken their toll, I’m afraid that these days even at this level he’d just be a passenger." - so that would definitely be something that could be demonstrated by indicating which games.

Waz has become the Forum's clown - he's hilarious !!! If he's not crying and over reacting about AFCB's latest performance, he's telling others that they have no right to comment about Wilshere's fitness if they haven't seen him play. Then he admits that he hasn't seen him either !!! Watch out if you sit near him at Dean Court any time - he'll be bringing in the custard pies with him !!!:grinning::ROFLMAO:. Keep it up Wahhhzzz - you're a laugh a minute !!!

Always loved Jack as a player, gave his all for us in 2016..
Great to see him even in our training gear again!
Bit like the anti Asmirs at the start of the season, I reckon if Jack resigned he might silence a few more.
The guy has been rocked buy injuries over the years (mainly due to his commitment to the game).
I'm not sure he will join, but I for one would love him to sign!!
JT saying we haven't got funds to spend in Jan, he would be a brilliant bit of business on a pay as you play.
Jack loves the game, yes in the past he's been on mega money, but I don't think he's interested in the big bucks anymore, he genuinely wants to play football.

I can see him signing on a pay as you play basis. He has earned more than enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life and he might well see this as a way into coaching. He certainly seems to have a deep joy and enthusiasm for the game and like Eddie, his injuries will have likely added fuel to that fire.

Maybe a sort of pay as you play deal, based on "afcb" money......sweetened by the prize of a promotion bonus and/or a premier money full time deal?

Which 90 minute performances from the numerous times you've watched West Ham play are you talking about exactly ........i might want to have look myself.

I think there would be doubts about his current fitness for a start. Then his injury record which has been poor in the PL. You could argue that he is much more likely to get knocked about in this league than in the PL, which would be an additional worry.
Finally JT would have to see a role for him to play in our current squad which depending upon other injuries and style of play may or may not be deemed likely to arise.
The current arrangement is win/win for both parties so unless there is a way for us to sign him without jeopardising that then it probably won't happen. Or somebody needs to take a punt, which of course might happen.

I was saying all the same stuff about him the first time around and ended up thinking our side with him in it was a class above what it was without.

It would be odd if JW came to train at DC without an eye to some sort of contract. He's looking for a place in the squad - and it's surely a non-brainer to give him a deal (providing he can prove a point in training).

I saw the game at Spurs that day he got the fracture. He'd been playing well, adding something special in midfield. Could we get that back, even for 30 minutes per match? Well worth the investment IMO.

West Ham wanted to build a team around him but with noble and jack in midfield this didn’t work, far too slow even with Declan rice running around. As Waz said, jack looked a far cry from his time even at afcb.

however 20 mins from the bench as he builds fitness could be a great option for certain games. His remueration would need to reflect this more limited option but wouldn’t have thought jack was after a big fee - just decent training and rehab facilities for a period of time. Hence win-win.

Just read on the Beeb footie page that Jack is back 'training' with us so quite a few posts behind but my opinion is this is great news . Wilshire is a quality player, who obviously enjoyed his time with us for him to want to come back and train with us. He's a wonderful player, who full fit, would rip this league apart. I wonder if offered a championship wage he may decide to stay and play, even if just short term. He could be just the playmaker we need in the centre of the park. I for one hope that this is the case.

My memory’s not what it was but when we won at the Olympic Stadium the season before last the manager (Moyes ?) pulled him to stop him getting sent off. He was well up for it that day.

I rather think the fact that Wilshers is training with us means that Jason and staff have time to assess his fitness.....maybe play him in a few unofficial friendly games? If he’s not up to it I’m sure Jason will be the first to know and won’t offer him anything. However....if young Jack is fit and shows he can easily last 90 mins I’d like to think he might be worth a season long punt.
It’s lovely he’s come back here to improve his fitness...it says a lot about his affection for our little club....and I jolly well like that.
It really would be rather spiffing if Jack trained well, proved his fitness and signed a short term contract with us. A fully fit Jack has a lot to offer!

Two things:...Lord Snooty seems to approve of the chap Wilshere...that's damn fine form what.. for the Lord to offer up his esteemed opinion...One would be less than ingenious to ignore such 'high office' from said Officer.

' Fing is too...Jack was in the side that took Liverpool 4-3 and a few other games in a decent spell in the PL....so that'll do for me - giving him another crack.

;