Jack Wilshere

Not sure what that post says but poor old Jack's potential proceeded him.

Basically thanked everyone at Arsenal, Eddie Howe and Roy Hodgson. Name checked the clubs he played for but made it clear he only really has eyes for Arsenal. :)

Wish him well, a player you really want to like and do well but ultimately injuries have plagued him. I’m sure he will move into coaching and be successful.

That's sad to hear at the age of 30.....guessing his body has packed up a bit.

Would be a great coach to have around the squad if he is able to and has the desire.
Looks like arsenal u18 being rumoured - great appointment if so

said hello to him recently in London - if Tindall had stayed I reckon we would have got more from him in that champ season

Around that time he was born I was stationed at RAF Henlow, just a few miles outside Hitchin, our usual place for a routine night out. I can confirm Jack is not my love child

Such a shame that such a talented player was blighted by injuries. Really think he would have been the mainstay of Englands midfield had he been fit. Loved watching him play for us and at times Lewis Cook is very reminiscent of him.

Combined gritty English strength and workrate with the precision and vision of an Italian regista. I wish Cook had longer as his understudy.

A talented player for sure, but one that got way overhyped after one performance in the champions league vs Barcelona. He was never ever going to reach the levels that he was prophesied to by many, remember Guardiola once saying words to the effect of ‘he is decent but we have countless players like him in the Barcelona academy who won’t make it here.’ I thought he started off pretty well for us but after the first ten or so games tailed off quite a bit, our season was actually in danger of really derailing until we took him out of the team and started playing a front 2 of Afobe and King. Gosling came into centre mid next to Arter and that was easily when we were at our best during our best ever league finish. A good player with a gift to glide effortlessly with the ball, but not the player he was made out to be by many. Hope he finds happiness in his retirement and good for his sake that he’s packed it in before his body completely gives up on him.

I’d say the most naturally talented player I’ve seen in our shirt. Not the most effective for sure but his vision, movement and ability were a joy to watch even though clearly he was slightly off his level.
Bold statement Neil. Great talent but I’ll raise you Brooksy and Ake.

Bold statement Neil. Great talent but I’ll raise you Brooksy and Ake.
Ake was the best player, and most athletic but wouldn’t say he was as naturally talented as Wilshere. Brooks is close but some of those moments of vision or receiving the ball in a tight spot and turning and releasing that Wilshere did here were something else. We wouldn’t have had him had he been injury free which kind of indicates he was a talent above us.

;