Jamal Lowe

I found Lowe to be a very unusual player, not a bad one, just a strange one. Every time he played out wide I found myself thinking that he looked uncomfortable there and needed to be played as a centre forward, but every time he played at centre forward I found myself thinking the same but in reverse. He never looked particularly comfortable anywhere. However he seems to have a knack of suddenly popping up with a goal out of nowhere, regardless of which position he’s playing in. And putting the ball in the net is obviously the hardest and most important part of the game, the problem was that when starting he doesn’t contribute anything else to the side apart from goals. As a squad player in the championship I think he could be an asset to anyone, not sure you’d want to be relying on him as a first choice player though.

I found Lowe to be a very unusual player, not a bad one, just a strange one. Every time he played out wide I found myself thinking that he looked uncomfortable there and needed to be played as a centre forward, but every time he played at centre forward I found myself thinking the same but in reverse. He never looked particularly comfortable anywhere. However he seems to have a knack of suddenly popping up with a goal out of nowhere, regardless of which position he’s playing in. And putting the ball in the net is obviously the hardest and most important part of the game, the problem was that when starting he doesn’t contribute anything else to the side apart from goals. As a squad player in the championship I think he could be an asset to anyone, not sure you’d want to be relying on him as a first choice player though.

My thoughts too. Funny player, but a decent one to have at your disposal in the Champ.

Probably best as an inside forward cutting in. Doesn't have strength, rapid pace, or technical ability to be a decent winger, nor strong attributes to be a out and out striker, not as a regular at champ level at least. He doesn't seem to have any presence about him whatsoever, I'd completely forgot he was playing when he started many times. Clearly has knack of scoring at that level though, partucularly from the bench as a sub, which is worth a lot to ambitious clubs pushing for promotion. Just not as a starter.

Last edited:
My thoughts too. Funny player, but a decent one to have at your disposal in the Champ.

Probably best as an inside forward cutting in. Doesn't have strength, rapid pace, or technical ability to be a decent winger, nor strong attributes to be a out and out striker, not as a regular at champ level at least. He doesn't seem to have any presence about him whatsoever, I'd completely forgot he was playing when he started many times. Clearly has knack of scoring at that level though, partucularly from the bench as a sub, which is worth a lot to ambitious clubs pushing for promotion. Just not as a starter.
Yeh I guess that was probably his most natural fit, but even then I remember him playing as an inside right forward at times and looking incredibly uncomfortable. Home games vs Preston and Hull spring to mind. Purely just useful for his ability to find himself in scoring positions.

Critchley backs Lowe to make QPR impact
QPR boss Neil Critchley backed Bournemouth loanee Jamal Lowe to make an impact for the club after the forward scored on his full debut in a 1-1 draw at home to Swansea.
Critchley said: “I thought he was excellent. He scored a really good goal and was a constant threat.

Given neither he, nor Marcondes, have been given squad numbers that seems likely, providing someone stumps up cash for at least their wages

What's the situation with him?
It's obvious he's not going to play for us again in any capacity..
But is he training?
Nothings been said , you would have thought by now he would have been loaned out as the season is well underway . Very odd..

I still believe that Lowe may be of use to us. He always had a goal in him. Perhaps he would improve inde AI's coaching.
Behave, he’s nowhere near PL standard. He’s a championship squad level player. I find it incredible that people are suggesting that he and Kilkenny should be given a chance, it’s as clear as day that both are miles off of being the required level.

;