Jefferson Lerma

Value doesn't start decline usually until they enter final year of the deal ( all other things being equal).

At this stage of the campaign and in Parkys embryonic Cherrydom. ...we might as well contemplate a rattlesnake staring into space with his dusty brown eyes, after he has chewed up 5 desert rats...before we try and work out any outcomes ! Know whut ah mean bruvs ?

Do people not realise ever year hear his value goes down as his contract gets shorter
But if his presence helps us get promoted to the PL we will earn a lot more from that than we might lose on his transfer fee depreciating, and we would still have a much needed PL standard midfielder in the ranks and be able to offer him an extended contract to keep him here. Aside from monetary considerations, I think he is our most valuable player on the pitch.

If I've done my maths correctly (and he's still at the club) will Jeff be available for selection on the weekend of 4-5th Sep?

hmm I don’t think whether a player is happy here or not comes into it if the board need big wages off the books like with begovic and maybe rico - it’s not the player’s decision

do we really need all of billing/emi/pearson/cook/killkenny and Jeff for the 3 CM spots?

Jeff needs to be encoraged to move on I think. We don't need both him and Pearson. While it would be great to be able to rotate them or have Jeff as a Pearson back up, we need the money for another goalie, striker, left winger or right winger...

If Lerma is still here, he will be available for our away game against Hull City.

His last suspension should be the second round of the league cup a few days earlier.

He comes back in....and that disrupts whatever team bond stuff that has built up..
..we can't keep having midfields that are constantly changing due to players suspensions that could have been avoided by a more ' woke ' game management !
We are Boscombe...and we want Savvy management...maybe the man Parky will get something sorted in this important regard!

So lets slag off those who demand moves away, and "encourage" those "to move on" who don't. I like your thinking.

I'm not slagging anyone off for wanting to move. That's how we make great signings. The player wants to move on from their club to us. Nothing wrong with wanting to change jobs if you do things in the right way. I like Jeff and would like him to stay ideally, but at the moment, I think we need other players to come in and if he's open to a move (I don't believe in pushing anyone out if they're not open), to me as we have Pearson, Cook, Billing, Mercondes and now Kilkenny, we have more than we need. So if clubs are sniffing around Jeff and he's open, why not?
encourage him to move and use the money to bring a player in for a position we are light in? To me, Pearson is better than Jeff because he's less of a yellow card/suspension liability.

;