Jefferson Lerma

See lerma has hamstring injury - may only be a precaution that he came off - but this would be his second injury of the season whereas his fitness record at afcb was very good. Maybe covering more ground as he is attacking more or just diffrent training regime?

I didn’t don’t cheer him as he is a Palace player, yes was great for us but at the end of the day he chose them!
So glad we stuffed his team!
Glad we beat his team for sure and he chose to leave us but I expect most afcb fans will give him a friendly welcome when he returns to Dean court in a few months. If he left to get a big signing on fee or a longer contract for a last payday that secures a good future for his family then I wouldn’t begrudge him that. Stayed for his 5 years contract

A lot of good memories of Jeff over the 5 years not least that 1-0 win over Watford! Also that forward roll dive in the last minute of a scrappy win over Rotherham in 21-22 season was pure theatre.

Lerma is one of my favourite players of the modern era to wear the Bournemouth shirt, he fought for the team and never downed tools, we all knew he would be leaving, and I always thought this would be back abroad for his lack of English and for his family.

Hearing he would sign for palace hurt, so getting the double over them this season has been oh so sweet.

Local man very unhappy :ooops:

Was a bit weird that they started with Lerma at CB and we started with Cook at CB. Later on both got moved into midfield. He slipped at one point nearly letting Billing through but made a last ditch on the ground tackle to save the situation.

Both got moved into midfield in the second half. He was alright without being swashbuckling. 6/10. One amusing moment when he tried to stoke a situation after Semenyo committed a foul.

I'll be honest, I thought we'd miss him more than we do.

Think it was Jeff who managed to get Semenyo booked with a bit of provocation and ‘afters’. Other than that Jeff covered left CB of a 3 for them adequately, later went more into midfield after subs. Didn’t overly impact the game, also far from the worst player on the pitch.
Am away on holiday. How did he play?

Am away on holiday. How did he play?
Looked to me like someone going through the motions. Didn't do much wrong but wasn't busting a gut either. Strange really when you look back at the raucous celebrations for winning a strong tackle or a throw in when playing for us. Wonder if he feels he made a mistake leaving. One of my favourite all time Bournemouth players but we've moved on without him.

Will be an unpopular opinion. One of the most overrated players we’ve ever had. Certainly good, and one of the better ones, but nowhere near as good as a lot of people make him out to be. IMHO. May well have been good under Iraola, but we haven’t missed him in the slightest. Also ran his contract down, his prerogative. Completely understand the claps and positive reception, as it should be. The chanting was weird.

I feel nothing for him!

Jeez. Didn't take long, did it? Clearly, Jeff did what he thought was right for him and his family? Judging by how fickle the average football fan is and how easy people turn against former players, he had very little incentive to be loyal, did he?

Jeez. Didn't take long, did it? Clearly, Jeff did what he thought was right for him and his family? Judging by how fickle the average football fan is and how easy people turn against former players, he had very little incentive to be loyal, did he?
There is no such thing as loyalty any more. He was loved here as a player but he could hardly turn down the ridiculous wage Palace offered him unless loyalty played a major part.

There is no such thing as loyalty any more. He was loved here as a player but he could hardly turn down the ridiculous wage Palace offered him unless loyalty played a major part.
But, why would you be loyal when 'fans' turn against you so easily either before or after you leave.

;