Jefferson Lerma

Not a thread related to his red card, which in my opinion was completely undeserved and a ridiculous decision. But I am genuinely intrigued to hear other people’s thoughts, what does he actually offer us? I genuinely just can’t see it, I really want to like the guy but I honestly don’t think it’s a coincidence that we almost instantly look a better team without him on the pitch. He was billed as a defensive minded midfielder who protects the defence, but positioning wise he is all over the place and is second to virtually every second ball in the middle of the park. Not great in the air, slows play down. The only positive is that he occasionally pulls a worldy pass out of the bag, but even then his passing is incredibly erratic. I just don’t get it, he’s like a slightly smaller Billing without as much ability.

Which players do you actually rate then, because every week you start a thread berating someone. Great supporter.
Lewis Cook, Solanke, Brooks (on form). Many others. Can you answer the question, what does he actually offer? Watching him play, if someone told you he was a young kid from the youth team playing his first game you wouldn’t be shocked. He cost 25m FFS

Jeff's a great athlete and a tough guy, who also is capable of good distribution and technique. From a talent perspective he's one of our best 4 or 5 players.

He's exactly the type of player that many fans were crying out for to make us more solid in the middle.

But I actually agree though, that I think we are often better team without him. The reason is that he has a tendency to interrupt our build up play and slow down the tempo.

Not a thread related to his red card, which in my opinion was completely undeserved and a ridiculous decision. But I am genuinely intrigued to hear other people’s thoughts, what does he actually offer us? I genuinely just can’t see it, I really want to like the guy but I honestly don’t think it’s a coincidence that we almost instantly look a better team without him on the pitch. He was billed as a defensive minded midfielder who protects the defence, but positioning wise he is all over the place and is second to virtually every second ball in the middle of the park. Not great in the air, slows play down. The only positive is that he occasionally pulls a worldy pass out of the bag, but even then his passing is incredibly erratic. I just don’t get it, he’s like a slightly smaller Billing without as much ability.
Just watch his positioning. A lot of what he does for the team is off the ball. You can’t buy a football brain for cheap, which is why he cost us a lot of money.

;