Jim Frevola

That’s my take too, DJ. Which begs the question, who is responsible for the overall running of the club/business day-to-day as it’s seemingly not Blake, nor will it be Foley albeit he’ll have a close watching brief?

I thought it was the forum?

Well I have worked for US companies in Europe and that isn’t my experience, when you look past the style and into the substance. Bill Foley’s wine business has expanded overseas - in New Zealand for example - and he seems to take a measured approach to making changes to local management and staffing structures.

What US companies are keen on are 100 day plans following change. My guess is that Blake and Hughes will have been tasked with setting about a three month plan and Foley will assess them against the quality of that (both the plans themselves and performance against them) before making further decisions. Aided by having his own bloke on the ground now.

Agree your point about being empathetic about any job losses.

Interesting insight.

From my layman's perspective, arrived at conclusion we'd see some new roles andd foleys associates installed, where they'd effectively by closely watching our current directors and mgnt at close quarters, before incrementally restructuring (letting existing people go or marginalising their responsibility).

Will be in 'interesting' to see how this transpires over the coming months. I don't hold out much hope for Blake, I have no strong feelings on him, but I think Foley will want his own man installed in that position, given how pivotel it is and how much he's paid compared to vastly more experienced people in similar positions at other clubs.

Interesting insight.

From my layman's perspective, arrived at conclusion we'd see some new roles andd foleys associates installed, where they'd effectively by closely watching our current directors and mgnt at close quarters, before incrementally restructuring (letting existing people go or marginalising their responsibility).

Will be in 'interesting' to see how this transpires over the coming months. I don't hold out much hope for Blake, I have no strong feelings on him, but I think Foley will want his own man installed in that position, given how pivotel it is and how much he's paid compared to vastly more experienced people in similar positions at other clubs.
Bill Foley must be a great business man but he knows the square route of f#ck all about our game. I reckon he will take his time and watch his current employees before giving any of them the push. Although he doesn't strike me as the most patient of owners which could spell trouble for Blake and Hughes. Also, it doesn't follow that he'll bring one of his guys in to replace Blake. He could try and poach a more experienced guy with a good track record from a bigger English or European club.

I gather from Nate's tweet he likes Phish. Now Phish heads are probably Dead heads still awaiting the second coming of Jerry Garcia. A lot of them are getting behind Billy Strings, so with the timescale of building a new stadium in Kings Park and by then Billy will be big both sides of the Atlantic, will Billy Strings be the first headliner at the Boscombe Knights Megabowl Superdrome. Think I might call the Ticket Office now, see if I can reserve some seats : )

saw Billy in Kentish Town earlier this month. Cracking gig so I’d be up for the megadrome jumbotron strung out Strings experience.

That’s my take too, DJ. Which begs the question, who is responsible for the overall running of the club/business day-to-day as it’s seemingly not Blake, nor will it be Foley albeit he’ll have a close watching brief?
Blake was originally given the CEO role by EM, because there was no one at the club responsible for the day to day running of the club.

Bill Foley must be a great business man but he knows the square route of f#ck all about our game. I reckon he will take his time and watch his current employees before giving any of them the push. Although he doesn't strike me as the most patient of owners which could spell trouble for Blake and Hughes. Also, it doesn't follow that he'll bring one of his guys in to replace Blake. He could try and poach a more experienced guy with a good track record from a bigger English or European club.

Yeah by own guys , I mean own appointment from tge world of football, rather than a current associate.

And yes I doubt he'll be directly watching Blake as such, more he'll rely on these incoming, trusted associates to gather Intel and present him with a 'dossier' and their informed opinions. He'll then sign it off.

Hmm, interesting coincidence. Almost like a poster of an AFCB fan forum that occasionally writes on there emailed him a couple of days back and asked if he could do an interview with him and Jim thought "now there's a good idea"...

Frevola...ermm...questions....I'm tempted to lay out some pearlers..
..but just this for now ...does he really know any more than anyone else about what really happened to Nicola ?

Edit : Sorry about the crass Frevolity of this post !

Last edited:

;