Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I could live with Wagner; Udders were actually decent versus us, in the season they were relegated from the Prem.
Henry seems a ridiculous idea to me. I suspect there must be an Arsenal fan on our board.

If the ' dressing room split'. .or ' groups of small cliques' still exists as hinted by a poster tonight...then surely QPR and Watford in the next few games will take advantage of that and inflict JWs first defeats...so its important for the Chairman to get on this problem and its root causes...otherwise it will bring down JW and maybe whoever the next appointment is !

He has confirmed he hasn’t been interviewed for the job.

So that means he was told he's got the job until the end of the season while smoke and mirrors goes on behind the scenes to give a bit of credibility to Blake and Hughes.

I suppose being interviewed and having a chat are different things, but someone is speaking to him re carrying on his duties at the club including the game at QPR.

I like Kris Temple as he always seems to be respectful in his approach, so I’m not commenting on this interview as such, but some of the questions that get thrust at managers especially after games, really does push boundaries too far.

To be honest, I don’t know how some of the managers keep their cool when having to deal with the media and some their not-so heavily disguised questions that they come out with.

And then sometimes, even the most mild-mannered managers lose their cool ....

Last edited:
Just watched his press interviews for the QPR game. Had a little smile when he mentioned the board at QPR sticking with their manager through difficult times.

If we win tomorrow, and I don't think that is very likely given QPR's form, give him the job. Let him bring in another assistant, of his choice. I like our chances, under Woodgate, to beat Saints and get to Wembley. I like our chances, under Woodgate's defence, to win the playoffs.

I recognise it may be easier to sell the club with a flashier manager. I also recognise it's going to be easier to achieve on the field success with some stability in leadership. Woodgate is right - sticking with a manager often leads to success. If we go five unbeaten tomorrow under him with a win, and a change is made, I only hope the Board is ready to take the vitriol that will be thrown at them if the next manager, particularly if it's Mr. 25% win percentage, flops. There sure as hell better be some accountability if that happens.

Just watched his press interviews for the QPR game. Had a little smile when he mentioned the board at QPR sticking with their manager through difficult times.
I was just about to post this having seen the interview. I definitely think this is a dig at the board and I’d be surprised if JW would be interviewed now at this late stage. Really hope he stays in though, I like his no nonsense demeanour.

;