Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feel very sorry for Woody been strung along at the end of a rope .Doing a great job in the most difficult of situations,likely to be discarded at the first opportunity by the anonymous Board waiting for him to fail .
Keep going Woody make it difficult for them.
Sorry, but where has anyone said he’s been strung along? He came in as assistant coach to someone who got sacked and had since been asked to caretake the team on a game by game basis. Not a great position to be in, but the only way he’s being “strung along” would be if someone’s indicating he’ll get the job

Was Woody described as 'interim' manager to start with? The club media person who compiles the articles that are put on the official website describes him today as 'caretaker' manager.

I think JW was interviewed by board but was too straight talking when he went for a Nanny McPhee approach:-
There is something you should understand about the way I work. When you need me, but do not want me, then I will stay.
If you want me, but no longer need me then I have to go.

It’s a difficult one as KT gets criticised for asking questions and then also for not asking the same questions. Usually gets it right imho

However re woodgate I wish all interviewers stopped asking him for updates and pushing in about his credentials. Unfair on him. Let the guy deal with playing issues and, instead, get the chairman or ceo to front up for a change and communicate on club matters. Let them face the media grilling.

It will always depend on how we lose.

Personally think that in 4 days we will know if woodgate is the credible option. Two tough games against in-form sides qpr and Cardiff will show us if he can really get this team playing.

Only 13 games left after Cardiff so anything less than 4 points from the next two matches and I think we need a new manager bounce to go up via play offs.

I like his interviews - says the right things and might be the no-nonsense man the players need.

Personally think that in 4 days we will know if woodgate is the credible option. Two tough games against in-form sides qpr and Cardiff will show us if he can really get this team playing.

Only 13 games left after Cardiff so anything less than 4 points from the next two matches and I think we need a new manager bounce to go up via play offs.

I like his interviews - says the right things and might be the no-nonsense man the players need.
Perhaps we could have a new manager every 5 games for the manager bounce, to get us over the line ......:grinning:

Perhaps we could have a new manager every 5 games for the manager bounce, to get us over the line ......:grinning:
May need it.

can’t help but feel this lot of players will turn it on in a play off final like the 5 goal display vs Lincoln and then we will all wonder how both teams had to go up via the play offs rather than automatically

May need it.

can’t help but feel this lot of players will turn it on in a play off final like the 5 goal display vs Lincoln and then we will all wonder how both teams had to go up via the play offs rather than automatically

I remember one poster - fan of another club in the 4th Division - also writing his bewilderment of 'what are on earth, are you doing down here...' when writing of the promoted teams and his view of the season, in a L3 forum (or similar)

Given the squad that went up in that 5-2, was mostly the squad that 2 years prior had just missed out on the play-offs from 3rd to 2nd, then got relegated, he had a point.

Our squad is far more talented individually, than any of the other clubs, yet we're languishing in 6th, due to our inability to play as a cohesive unit.

Correct my earlier post. Know now for sure JW isn’t the right choice given this afternoon.

;