Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AFC Bournemouth chief executive, Neill Blake, said: “Jonathan’s professionalism and leadership has impressed the board of directors since taking on the role of caretaker manager in difficult circumstances.

“The team’s performances and results have improved under his stewardship, and even our defeat at Queens Park Rangers on Saturday was a display which deserved a better result.

“As we head into a crucial part of the season, stability and clarity is of paramount importance for everyone at the club.

“With that in mind, and having concluded an extensive search for a new manager, we believe Jonathan is the best candidate to lead the team for the final 15 games of the season.”

And the winner of the Alastair Saverimutto award for talking absolute ball socks goes to .....

Ah thank god we have a nice bloke in charge, let's not worry about the fact he can't manage, his previous experience is relatgating a club and plays turd football

Where did I say he’s a nice bloke? I said he comes across well. The players like him. Stop wetting the bed it’s not going to change

Why sack Tindall (a man with knowledge of the players and how to get this club promoted) after 5 months if you're going to replace him with someone whose main reason for coming here (by their own admission) was to gain experience by learning off Tindall? Bizarre from the board.

That said I'm 100% behind Woodgate. Deserves an opportunity somewhere in football. In the same way that I can't change the JT sacking, it's done now. Time to unite and support the team, conduct any post mortem in the summer.

Why sack Tindall (a man with knowledge of the players and how to get this club promoted) after 5 months if you're going to replace him with someone whose main reason for coming here (by their own admission) was to gain experience by learning off Tindall? Bizarre from the board.

That said I'm 100% behind Woodgate. Deserves an opportunity somewhere in football. In the same way that I can't change the JT sacking, it's done now. Time to unite and support the team, conduct any post mortem in the summer.
And then claim stability and clarity are of paramount importance.

For me, this might indicate that Max has decided the PL is not do or die this year... That he's prepared to give it the best shot this year but accept it might not happen and that we'll 'see how it goes'...

At the end of the day, it's short term (which is a. good thing)... Woodgate will get found out very quickly if he's not up to it.

All we can do is 'watch this space'...

What we need is local media or somebody to absolutely roast Blake and the board and demand answers as to why they are so absolutely shite at their job. You couldn't have made more of a pigs ear of this if you'd tried. ALL other options including keeping JT on and giving the job to JW without spending three weeks undermining him would have been preferable to the shambles they have presided over. Where is their accountability?

FFS get a grip!... we simply don’t have a massive endless pot of money and need to stabilise all this and settle the players down...who feel like they are behind Woodgate...the reason we are struggling to score is that Solanke is injured and we have moved King on....yes the club should have signed another striker in the summer after Callum was sold but didn’t...maybe we just don’t have the money to spend and I would rather that we don’t risk the club by gambling on players. It could be the worst thing to happen to us if we get promoted?..who knows certainly not I...I just want to get to the end of this season reasonably solvent and ready to be back in the stadium come August supporting whoever is in charge and whatever players are pulling on the red and black shirts

Maybe the person they want won't come until the summer? Or, they haven't sorted anything out at all and just gone with this. Madness. Chance blown imo but I really hope I'm wrong.

Pretty sure one of the main reasons they went with JT and then JW is that they were/are happy to work with the current backroom staff.

Don't think the club has the money to have an external manager come in, clear out the coaches and appoint their own ones.

I said right at the outset that it was all smoke and mirrors from the Board to seek an outside appointment to make them look competent but it has just shown them up to be totally incompetent. No one worth their salt other than Eddie was going to agree to be parachuted in without their own backroom staff and it would have meant more compensation payments. It was never going to happen.

;