Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think JW has simply steadied a ship that was veering off course under JT. Undoubtedly the talent of our squad should be good enough to be challenging Norwich or Watford but I think the players started to lose a bit of faith and confidence in JT's style and choices. JW has tinkered a bit but seems to have found his preferred style and starters. I think our squad just needed a bit of leadership. We're in a nice run with a good mix of games coming up that will define our season. Should we make the playoffs then credit has to go to JW for that.

I think JW has simply steadied a ship that was veering off course under JT. Undoubtedly the talent of our squad should be good enough to be challenging Norwich or Watford but I think the players started to lose a bit of faith and confidence in JT's style and choices. JW has tinkered a bit but seems to have found his preferred style and starters. I think our squad just needed a bit of leadership. We're in a nice run with a good mix of games coming up that will define our season. Should we make the playoffs then credit has to go to JW for that.

IMHO JW has done well in bringing in CCV more regularly and getting billing and danjuma to up their scoring rate. JW dropped Danjuma to get a response and it worked.

.....Maybe Stan and Wilshere have suffered as a result though ?

The battle with this squad was always dealing with their self-confidence, which has been an issue for a long time under three different managers. Initially JT did well getting them performing confidently and reaching their potential. He even had them bouncing back from setbacks well in the first half of the season. Ultimately old issues reared their head and as you say I think it looked like he'd lost their confidence completely in the end, as Howe did ultimately.

They've not been convincing under JW but no worse tbf and he did stop the slide.

Absolutely.
He sent an abusive PM. but all good for me.
I’m sorry but you are an absolute liar, that is the opposite of what happened! I know you can’t see this but I’m going to post the exchange so people know I am not the one sending abusive messages.

from Al to me, titled ‘sadly’

from me back to Al

Hahahahaha thank you, you’ve made my day

And that was the exchange, me laughing at HIS abusive message (I can prove this they are still in my inbox.) Can anybody tell me if there is a complaints procedure on this forum? I think it’s bang out of order that he can tell such a blatant lie.

I missed out the bit that Al sent me
It was titled ‘sadly’
And the message was
I will never see your ******************************** posts again.

Its kind of awkward when two posters you like or identify with ..start abusing each other... you don't want to interfere really..or consciously take sides.
this is why I regard Humour as such an important part of the Forum...
..mind you there are times when its fun to give it 'stir'...to try and accelerate it to a conclusion !

The important thing now is....Knowing JW is here until the end of season..Knowing we are in with a good chance of the play- offs...Knowing we are in a good vein of Form...is for JW to Know that everyone has some faith in him. Know what I mean !

Its kind of awkward when two posters you like or identify with ..start abusing each other... you don't want to interfere really..or consciously take sides.
this is why I regard Humour as such an important part of the Forum...
..mind you there are times when its fun to give it 'stir'...to try and accelerate it to a conclusion !
We’re not abusing each other, I have not abused him. That is the point.

We’re not abusing each other, I have not abused him. That is the point.

Well Waz...you can deal with it...you get plenty of stick like I do...you normally handle stuff really well...as does Al...Neither of you are what I would call malicious and certainly not up yourselves like some!

Well Waz...you can deal with it...you get plenty of stick like I do...you normally handle stuff really well...as does Al...Neither of you are what I would call malicious and certainly not up yourselves like some!
I can handle abuse, what i am not prepared to handle is somebody flat out lying about me. It is not fair and tbh in this case I believe that frustration is a proportionate reaction.

I can handle abuse, what i am not prepared to handle is somebody flat out lying about me. It is not fair and tbh in this case I believe that frustration is a proportionate reaction.

Ironically, Al won't see these posts, but to be honest I hear you on this one. A bit out of order to suggest you're trolling him in PMs when in fact reverse is true. Really weird thing to lie about.

PMing someone to tell them you've ignored them is like when kids put their fingers in their ears and say "na, na, na, I can't hear you, I'm ignoring you!"

Last edited:

;