Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Despite the wins under Woodgate, I can't say I've enjoyed the football, on the other hand Tindall's wins and even some of his draws (Watford and Cardiff away for example) were a joy to watch.

Don't get me wrong, I still wanted Tindall out, but Woodgate's football is worse.

Can’t please some people

From some of the comments above I am dearly hoping we get what most of this Forum dreads.... but deserves, with its Pompous Up@rse Pompissity.. I F√CKING WELL HOPE we get Pulis.. or Dyche.

We beat tw@tting Coventry 4 f√cking 1 - WITH JW...after 3 other wins on the trot FOR F√CKs SAKE !

From some of the comments above I am dearly hoping we get what most of this Forum dreads.... but deserves, with its Pompous Up@rse Pompissity.. I F√CKING WELL HOPE we get Pulis.. or Dyche.

We beat tw@tting Coventry 4 f√cking 1 - WITH JW...after 3 other wins on the trot FOR F√CKs SAKE !
...this is becoming quite tedious; yet another irrational, expletive-ridden, rambling attention-seeking post that contributes nothing...

Hmmmm..... not quite sure I get your point.

Some people just have to complain about something to get their daily fix. I have a neighbour like that. If we do anything in the garden he f's and blinds but he's quite happy to bash 6 inch nails into the wall at 8pm to hold one of his fairy lights up! I try and keep any comments fair and constructive rather than derogatory. Some will no doubt disagree, feel free!

I think it's just that he gets a hard on for shit football from dour Northern managers and gets all precious whenever anyone suggests it's not entertaining or a a poor fit for the culture of the club.

It's the internet equivalent of a homeless man shouting at traffic.
Relatively harmless shouty ramblings as usual. Rarely a complete sentence let alone a constructive thought. "RAH RAH F$$%^ forum mafiere...shove it up their a%%&&, tinpot mentality, RAH RAH"

I stopped bothering trying to interpret it ages ago!

Reality is Woodgate is doing alright . He has found a system and keeping a conistant team that helps cohesion. I do think with Lewis cook missing , means the midfield are less rotated.
Danjuma is on fire, and he does track back but in General the further up the pitch the better.
Billing has found a position that suits him.

we are starting to build momentum and scoring goals.

I know when he took over the team was inn6th and we are in 6th now but we were on the slide, and we have gone from looking like a team of individuals to more of a team.

so credit where credit is due Woodgate has got us going in the right direction

I just get annoyed that JW gets stick while he is improving the performance and keeping our promotion challenge alive... so express it in my own style....
...I could quite easily switch to a less expletive- ridden, more sophisticated format..but I enjoy myself doing what I do for now.
My Real Life self, away from this Virtual Reality medium... ...is far more composed, polite, approachable... and extremely amiable !

Last edited:
Whatever we think of JT, good servant to the club I believe personally, we were on the slide before they sacked him.

As for JW, we all wish him well and success for him personally and for the club too.

The real acid test now is the next 4 fixtures, we are in good form at the moment but also I think our contenders for the play off are too (with the exception of Reading with their recent results anyway).

So, the next 4 games
Away to Huddersfield Tuesday
Away to Norwich Saturday
Away to Millwall Wednesday 21/4
Home to Brentford Saturday 24th.

I think we need a minimum of 6 points but 9 would be better. Really difficult I think.

Ah.,
I just get annoyed that JW gets stick while he is improving the performance and keeping our promotion challenge alive... so express it in my own style....
...I could quite easily switch to a less expletive- ridden, more sophisticated format..but I enjoy myself doing what I do for now.
Well, I enjoyed the above!. Actually you made a good point about unwarranted criticism of JW. I guess the flak is common on forums. The nervous energy (and anger) is natural, especially now because so many of us are daring to believe again, even though last week I said I didn’t think we’d do it ! But if you think unwarranted anger/ ill thought comments on this forum is bad, try looking at Twitter comments from ICU staff, urging people to get vaccinated. It’s heartbreaking reading the stick they get and as soon as you defend them, you get accused in the same vein. But it’s good to have balance and people should be able to say what they like, even if we don’t always understand what they’re trying to express, or agree with their point of view. I think you’ve cleared it up now!

This is hilarious.
Isn’t there a few posts earlier in this thread regarding someone complaining about receiving written abuse.
I guess calling someone a clown is similar. :rolleyes:
Just to clear things up, no I was not complaining about receiving abuse, I couldn’t care less. I was complaining about somebody lying by saying that I had abused them, when in fact the opposite was true. Re my comments on JT, Jesus Christ people they were meant in jest. You don’t all need to get the pitch forks out at the first opportunity.

Just to clear things up, no I was not complaining about receiving abuse, I couldn’t care less. I was complaining about somebody lying by saying that I had abused them, when in fact the opposite was true. Re my comments on JT, Jesus Christ people they were meant in jest. You don’t all need to get the pitch forks out at the first opportunity.
... and again you continue to demonstrate blatant hypocrisy. It’s pathetic and you need to grow up!

I defend JT as I think he got a raw deal from the club.I do that based on his service and his results prior to hitting a bad patch.but in football it seems we are like every other club and results dictate and the people above moved to protect themselves when things got tough.as for Woodgate he has found himself in a position he never expected to be and has kept us in the play off places.like everyone I hope he keeps us there and brings us up.fortune has smiled on him and I hope he makes the most of it.

;