Jonathan Woodgate

Do you want Woodgate in charge first game of next season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 104 50.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He inherited a pig in the poke but achieved what he was commissioned to do top 6 and play offs. Didn't always work out on the pitch tactically but he gave it a go. Came across as a genuine guy and I for one enjoyed his various interviews which thankfully were not in Cockney speak.

I wonder how far into the season we may be wishing we gave the job to JW ?
Hope to goodness I'm wrong, but gut feeling about SP it's all going to go wrong.
But in the meantime back him all the way as I have done with every Boscombe manager.......until it goes pear shaped..;)

I wonder how far into the season we may be wishing we gave the job to JW ?
Hope to goodness I'm wrong, but gut feeling about SP it's all going to go wrong.
But in the meantime back him all the way as I have done with every Boscombe manager.......until it goes pear shaped..;)

Personally, I think we’ve seen the best of what Woodgate can do and I wasn’t a fan.

I might end up not being a fan of what I see under a new manager either, but as long as they at least appear to have more potential then I can understand the thought process.

Thanks for giving it a proper go JW !
You were thrown in at the deep end and nearly pulled off the miracle.
I wish you nothing but success in the future and would buy you a pint for your efforts, should our paths ever cross.
I hope your experience here helps you to progress your career.
Cheers !
:cheers:
Echo that. Very well said.

With this manager go around and Cooper linked with Crystal Palace and Fulham still, will someone take a punt on Jonathan Woodgate?

If Parker hadn’t been the number one target, JW could still have been in charge for the 2021-22 season.

For me he deserved a full season to prove himself.

Last edited:
With this manager go around and Cooper linked with Crystal Palace and Fulham still, will someone take a punt on Jonathan Woodgate?

If Cooper hadn’t been the number one target, JW could still have been in charge for the 2021-22 season.

I hope Cooper isn't the number one target!

If Cooper hadn’t been the number one target, JW could still have been in charge for the 2021-22 season.

Think you meant Parker, regardless I would imagine the board had a few names in mind and JW was a firm back up

easily say the same re JT, who clearly wanted to totally reshape the midfield and add more steel to the team. Having brought in ccv and Pearson plus optimising Wilshere in a more attacking role then arguably wrong to remove him at the time.

;