Jordan Zemura

Do you think the club would turn down a £15m bid for their highest earner?
I don’t think anybody is going to bid 15m for Jeff. If they did then the club would have a decision to make. I would hope that that decision would be based on the interests of our prospects this season first and foremost. If we can sell Jeff and reinvest wisely for example to improve our chances then yes we should do this. However, if not, there is no reason not to wait until the Summer. Interest will still be there in the summer window.

Parker actually said that if they couldn’t come to an agreement soon then talks should be suspended until the end of the season. They have been talking for months and no agreement. What do you think that indicates?
As an optimist, I conclude that negotiations will continue at the end of the season.
If we go up obviously there is a better chance of them signing.
From the tone of your posts I would gather you’re not so optimistic of them signing or us going up.

Key thing of course is that they have another year and even then, they cannot leave on a free to another English club. Sure it’ll be a modest compensation fee but it’ll still be something.

I don’t think anybody is going to bid 15m for Jeff. If they did then the club would have a decision to make. I would hope that that decision would be based on the interests of our prospects this season first and foremost. If we can sell Jeff and reinvest wisely for example to improve our chances then yes we should do this. However, if not, there is no reason not to wait until the Summer. Interest will still be there in the summer window.

We'll see. I think a lot of managers rate him, especially Eddie, and a bid well below his market value could get him. On the other side of the coin Max has shown he's willing to gamble in Jan before when promotion was on the cards so he might do again.

We'll see. I think a lot of managers rate him, especially Eddie, and a bid well below his market value could get him. On the other side of the coin Max has shown he's willing to gamble in Jan before when promotion was on the cards so he might do again.
Yes, the fly in the ointment is that in any negotiation the Newcastle wallet will land on the desk with a heavy thud.

To a large extent we'll be fishing in the same water as them, at least until they are safe in the EPL.

January is usually a seller's market so any bid would have to be good, but any replacement is likely to be expensive.

You're wrong about Zemura moving to the Premier League. According to Facebook, looks like he's off to Charlton and the deal is done.

Screenshot_20211109-123907.jpg

Parker actually said that if they couldn’t come to an agreement soon then talks should be suspended until the end of the season. They have been talking for months and no agreement. What do you think that indicates?

They literally had just minutes of first team action before Parker played them in August... Yes they've now proven themselves at this level, but still only a handful of games between the 3 of them (in the grand scheme of things)...

I don't think it's possible to have had 'realistic' conversations for 'months' as you put it, as they've only just proved they deserve decent contracts...

However now, I'd get all 3 of them on contracts that are worthy of their abilities... I don't want to see him go but, if getting these 3 youngsters on decent contracts means we lose Jeff off of the wage bill in January, then with our depth of midfielders, that seems a reasonable sacrifice to make to take this club on...

These guys could be our future...

Last edited:
They are on hundreds a week when their market value is thousands. Until they sign a new contract they are definitely in danger of leaving. Rest assured their representatives will be seeing what's out there. I'm sure the club are working on decent offers though.

I don't think Cook is Parker's decision. Pretty sure he was told to find a new club before Parker arrived.

I understand where you're coming from, but all 3 of them are on several k a week already.

That as fast as we make a decent offer, their value goes up again.

If the 'richest club in the world' come in for him it'll take a heck of a lot more than £15m. Aside from that already being low, they're about to find out about their equivalent of 'The Man City Premium'.

Key thing of course is that they have another year and even then, they cannot leave on a free to another English club. Sure it’ll be a modest compensation fee but it’ll still be something.

Not sure the compensation would be that modest if they have 2 successful seasons under their belts by that point. Risk would be a foreign club coming in though.

Still think it’s more likely that they will sign or be sold in the summer though.

;