Jordan Zemura

Then away for the African Cup of Nations so we need to get the LB position sorted. Mepham or Smith not the answer.
Surely we block him from going to the ACON. He's far too a important player for us to let him a) miss a good few games for that b) risk him getting another injury

Surely we block him from going to the ACON. He's far too a important player for us to let him a) miss a good few games for that b) risk him getting another injury

As much as I love Zemura and believe he is massive in our team. I feel iffy about blocking a young player from representing his country. It would be a chance for him to be immensely proud of and i'd feel weird if we took that from him. We have options in Brady and Davis and ultimately Mepham/Kelly. If he decides he feels comfortable enough in his health to do it, then I think he should be allowed

As much as I love Zemura and believe he is massive in our team. I feel iffy about blocking a young player from representing his country. It would be a chance for him to be immensely proud of and i'd feel weird if we took that from him. We have options in Brady and Davis and ultimately Mepham/Kelly. If he decides he feels comfortable enough in his health to do it, then I think he should be allowed
I'd agree but clearly there's something weird going on with Leif and Brady is a bit of a unknown

Seems ridiculous that the tournament isn't scheduled for one of the already existing and numerous international breaks to minimise the disruption

I still can’t believe a bloke as well thought of in the game as Leif Davis can’t step into the side. He is exactly the type of footballing left back we need to replace JZ. Unless he has had an attitude issue in training it’s a no brainer not to at least try him.

I’ve never been able to get this club v country thing. I know international football as a product has been devalued over the last 20 years but surely it is the pinnacle of a career in any sport to represent your country. For your children and children’s children to be passed on the shirts and caps must mean something. Like someone said above if the club is so sh*t scared of losing one player then promotion can only be a pipe dream.

I don't think we can block him going can't they have some form of embargo if he is named in their squad and not allowed to go. Injury wise might be different.

He is well thought of in the game.

I hope so, he must have had something about him for us to sign him. Theoretically having played under Bielsa, the high pressing game and a big engine should be one of his plus points. Personally I have no idea if he’s any good at left back as I haven’t seen him play yet.

But is it his half an hour of Premier League football over two substitute appearances that has earned him this reputation?

I seem to remember Adam Green having a good “reputation” at one stage and he had Premier League starts under his belt…

..at the end of the day it is purely a personal decision for Jordan to make, and we should all understand his wanting to represent his country in tournaments or in anything else if he is called up.

I can't abide all this 'the clubs pay the wages' bunkum...as has been posted to play for country should be a pinnacle in your career and not be compromised...

;