Jordon Ibe

What do you think the sentence should have been?

Something that he would have noticed and may have taught him a lesson, maybe?

Unfortunately sentencing guidelines would probably not allow for it in respect of that specific offence, I guess

Just checked on the sentencing guidelines, looks like, depending on your view of his culpability and the harm caused (significant damage) and the fact that he has previous, he could have been given up to 26 weeks custody or fined 125% - 175% of his relevant weekly income.

He's been fined 19% of his weekly income.

QUOTE FROM THE ARTICLE :
In mitigation Ibe's lawyer, Frank Rogers, said his client was a "relatively young and ignorant man" who had been engulfed in "the artificial world of football since the age of nine".

So basically admitting that Jordon is not very bright and only has a tenuous grasp on his responsibilities as a citizen of "normal society".

Apparently that was his excuse for acting like a total prat ?!?!
Nice to know that being a twonk can be used as mitigating circumstances these days. Could be useful should I find myself in court sometime.

back in the squad at some point now the case is over, or banished forever, do you think?
Nope. I think the U21s' need is greater than ours. I suspect he'll see out his days here playing with them. Can't see Eddie giving him any more chances now.

Last edited:
150 hours of community service as well.

From gov.uk.....

Community Payback is unpaid work like:
  • removing graffiti
  • clearing wasteland
  • decorating public places and buildings - for example, a community centre
You will usually work in your local area, and be managed by a Community Payback supervisor. You must wear a high visibility orange vest while you work.
You can expect to complete anything from 40 to 300 hours of Community Payback, depending on how serious your crime was.
You have to work 3 or 4 days each week if you’re unemployed.
The Community Payback work will be arranged outside your working hours if you have a job, for example evenings or weekends.

Good job Jordon's weekends are free for the foreseeable future.....

Something that he would have noticed and may have taught him a lesson, maybe?

Unfortunately sentencing guidelines would probably not allow for it in respect of that specific offence, I guess

I think he will notice not being able to drive for 16 months.

QUOTE FROM THE ARTICLE :
In mitigation Ibe's lawyer, Frank Rogers, said his client was a "relatively young and ignorant man" who had been engulfed in "the artificial world of football since the age of nine".

So basically admitting that Jordon is not very bright and only has a tenuous grasp on his responsibilities as a citizen of "normal society".

Apparently that was his excuse for acting like a total prat ?!?!
Nice to know that being a twonk can be used as mitigating circumstances these days. Could be useful should I find myself in court sometime.
There is an assumption there his lawyer was telling the truth. Why claim he is super smart and fully aware if the penalty for that is a prison sentence. I'd take being called thick if it kept me on the outsude

I think if someone had similar difficulty understanding things as Ibe does in any other workplace we would be showing him more sympathy.

I find some of the comments about him unsavoury. It has been intimated he struggles to take stuff in and finds life a bit of a challenge. I don’t think that’s worthy of either a giggle or scorn. Call me a snowflake if you want but that’s my view!!

I think his statement was fair enough and apologising to everyone. Maybe he could have earlier but then again his solicitor may have advised him to keep quiet.
At the end of the day I'm not sure the fine represents his salary, but then how much is appropriate I'm not sure. 16 month ban is a long time, so hopefully he'll learn his lesson.
Hes 24 at the end of the day, I'm sure we all have done stupid things at that age. Just a shame hes wasted a season, when not injured but not playing, when weve been so desperate for fit players. As much as I really dont want to get on the solanke band wagon, and I still pray he can come good, ibe has actually had some decent games for us, better than solanke, and scored!

;