Joshua King

He's a great player, one of the greatest to have ever played for this club, demeaned by turncoats who themselves would do exactly the same in a workplace situation if they thought they were better than the pay they get. Yes he will go in the Summer but if he get's us back up then full credit to him, top ever goalscorer at the highest level, more than the much loved Wilson.

The issue is... Solanke seemingly operates beat up too on his own with support behind him, as opposed to a partner... We saw again last night that him and Surridge looked less effective than Solanke with the likes of Stan and Danjuma behind...

So where does King fit in? Will he want to play bench warmer, or the support role again? I wouldn’t play him in place of Solanke atm.

IMO I’d move him on for around £10m if possible, and use the money to bring in a couple of players that could challenge for a starting birth.

Can't see anyone shelling out for him in this window, surely if it was going to happen it would have happened by now?
likely he'll sit it out here for the rest of the season claiming various ailments and then go to one of the mid-ranking prem clubs in the summer on decent money and see out the rest of his career, largely sat on the bench
bit of a waste really

If this is true, his career appears to be going down the toilet.

Another one like Rambo who gets impatient in the checkout queue and changes lane only to find they've picked the wrong one.
It would be slightly amusing if he goes to WBA on a long term contract, they get relegated and we get promoted. He then finds himself mired in the Championship once again. Maybe then he might just regret not signing a new contract with us. But as you say Snoots, going to WBA because they are the only higher league team interested in you is a loooooooooong way from his dreams of joining his fellow countryman at the Theatre of Dreams !!! Somewhat of a comedown to say the least.

It would be slightly amusing if he goes to WBA on a long term contract, they get relegated and we get promoted. He then finds himself mired in the Championship once again. Maybe then he might just regret not signing a new contract with us. But as you say Snoots, going to WBA because they are the only higher league team interested in you is a loooooooooong way from his dreams of joining his fellow countryman at the Theatre of Dreams !!! Somewhat of a comedown to say the least.

You'd think the only way he'd agree to go there on a long term deal would be either with a decent wage and no relegation pay cut or if he had a relegation release clause allowing him to be a free agent.

I disagree with the DM saying his value would have dropped since the summer. His value is what people are prepared to pay, and those becoming more desperate towards the lower reaches of the premier league will pay what they need to in order to try and save themselves. We should hold firm and remind them of that.

The smart money has got to be on West Ham making a derisory bid just before deadline day, with JT still saying that Josh hasn't indicated that's where he wants to go!

He would have more choice as a free agent in the summer and he could get a better deal - means he would have to knuckle down and perform with us if he wants a decent club or do a Fraser and end up at somewhere like Newcastle

You'd think the only way he'd agree to go there on a long term deal would be either with a decent wage and no relegation pay cut or if he had a relegation release clause allowing him to be a free agent.
But Derek, you are forgetting that his agent(s) ( whoever that is this week ) is (are) shite, which is why he ended up having the worst two weeks of his life this summer ;)

I disagree with the DM saying his value would have dropped since the summer. His value is what people are prepared to pay, and those becoming more desperate towards the lower reaches of the premier league will pay what they need to in order to try and save themselves. We should hold firm and remind them of that.

His value must have dropped. He's only got six months left on his contract and there's massive uncertainty in the game which will probably surpress all January transfer values.

His value must have dropped. He's only got six months left on his contract and there's massive uncertainty in the game which will probably surpress all January transfer values.
I agree. I can really see a situation arising whereby none of the bids we receive in this window are attractive enough to JK or ourselves. I think it highly likely that he will stay with us and leave on a free in the summer. That way he has half a season to show everybody what he's worth and should then have more options in the summer. As you say, then the whole Corvid ( that one is for you Wellsworld ;) ) situation should be clearer and it may be a different market then. Unless we are absolutely desperate for, let's say five million in instalments over God knows how many years, I think it would probably be best for Josh and ourselves to keep him here until the end of his contract. If he accepts that as the best situation for himself and gets his head down, we could still get some decent value out of his contract for this season and he can go out and show his quality to potential suitors.

Big ‘IF’ but if we did go up and he decided he would sign a new contract with us I wonder how that would go down :tongue:

Do you think the club would entertain the idea?

Big ‘IF’ but if we did go up and he decided he would sign a new contract with us I wonder how that would go down :tongue:

Do you think the club would entertain the idea?

he said he wouldn’t sign a new deal when we were a prem club so not sure afcb going up again will influence him to stay

I think that die is cast.

Allardyce-ball and a West Brom relegation battle would be a pretty amusing end to this story. Surely he wouldn't agree to go there though.

;