Joshua King

I thought he played well last night, be made a great chance for Sissoko and was lively. Possibly he should have run into the 6 yard box which preceded argument with his own player.
That's the crux though. He often looks good without scoring.

SSN

Watford have this afternoon confirmed the departures of Josh King and Rob Elliot.

Norway international King departs one year into a two-year deal, having scored five goals in 32 Premier League appearances last term.

Elliot also leaves one year into a two-year deal and according to a statement from sporting director Cristiano Giaretta: "He indicated he would wish to consider retirement but the decision is his now, of course."

The grass isn't always greener on the other side , he should have kept his head down , stayed with us and he would be back in the Premier league.
Always rated king , was gutted he left .
You would have thought he has a club lined up with the fact he had left 1 year into a 2 year deal .

The grass isn't always greener on the other side , he should have kept his head down , stayed with us and he would be back in the Premier league.
You would have thought he has a club lined up with the fact he had left 1 year into a 2 year deal .

Or Watford wanting to cut their losses by paying him off.

Watford have confirmed the departure of striker Josh King - as chairman Scott Duxbury told the Watford Observer recently - and also keeper Rob Elliott.

King, who scored five goals in 31 Premier League outing, last summer signed a one-year deal with an option for longer which - as Duxbury explained - would not be activated.

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/20240444.watford-confirm-departure-josh-king-rob-elliot/

I think he had a release clause.

I think he'd have been sold anyway myself when we went down because of his pretty high salary. Neither the player nor the club dealt with his situation well. As a result, the club missed out of making a fair amount of money that could have been reinvested, and King left on a low after generally being a very good player for us and enjoying himself and developing well here. It's a shame on both sides. I understand why he wanted to try and get into the top 6. I also totally understand why we couldn't accept United's barmy offer. For me, both parties handled things badly over the start of the 2020-21 season. I wish him well, though and hope he can go somewhere and be at his best again. I think a move abroad will do him good.

SSN

Josh King has joined Fenerbahce, the Turkish club has announced.

The Norway international striker, 30, was released by Watford at the end of last season following their Premier League relegation.

"The club has reached an agreement in principle with Norwegian Footballer Joshua King. The player will be in Istanbul this evening to pass the health checks and for further transfer negotiations. We present it to the public," said Fenerbahce in a statement.

SSN

Josh King has joined Fenerbahce, the Turkish club has announced.

The Norway international striker, 30, was released by Watford at the end of last season following their Premier League relegation.

"The club has reached an agreement in principle with Norwegian Footballer Joshua King. The player will be in Istanbul this evening to pass the health checks and for further transfer negotiations. We present it to the public," said Fenerbahce in a statement.

Turkey? I'm surprised but I guess he'll get European football. Istanbul is a fabulous place to live as well. Wonder how much they're offering him?

Always thought that Josh King was one of our best finishers, great at bringing others into the game and with some deft touches.

His head got turned at his pinnacle, and he hasn't recovered as a player.

He went from AFCB to a failed Man UTD move that fell through.

He hasn't recovered from that as a player.

He will never play in the PL again after this latest move.

A wasted talent in many ways.

Always thought that Josh King was one of our best finishers, great at bringing others into the game and with some deft touches.

His head got turned at his pinnacle, and he hasn't recovered as a player.

He went from AFCB to a failed Man UTD move that fell through.

He hasn't recovered from that as a player.

He will never play in the PL again after this latest move.

A wasted talent in many ways.

I agree that the United saga had a massive impact on him, maybe more than it should have done given that he was unlikely to start much for them anyway. I don't begrudge him having wanted to move on from us. Ultimately, most players will if the interest is there. When a player signs with a club, they are signing a contract, not for their life. It's a shame it ended the way it did with us - resentment after the gentleman's agreement not being honoured in his mind, relegation and then him avoiding playing to avoid injury before a new move. We told him not to come back to pre-season as he was going to be sold and benched him when he came back, though. There were two sides to all of this, and neither the club nor King handled the situation well. I prefer to look at his time with us as a whole, and in doing that, I think he did well for us. It's just a shame the United situation affected him the way it did.

;