Joshua King

God save our gracious King! Long live our noble King! God save Josh King!

Kudos - 11/9/2016 23:04

DJ - 11/9/2016 21:54

The "on fire" chant was sang a few times before Will Grigg went viral with it.

and roundly slated by the Simon Cowel wannabes on here, shortly before becoming the fan chant of the tournament...

So it was... :grin:

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=75728&start=1

As Leeds are a lower league side and right off our radar,
Couldn't we hijack the 'we all hate Leeds' song
Replacing the words with Joshua King.

Resevoir_Red - 12/9/2016 02:42

God save our gracious King! Long live our noble King! God save Josh King!

Noooooooooooooo!! I can't sing that! And since I've got such a man crush on King I'd hate to be the one not joining in.

It is odd the players we sing about and the ones we don't. I wonder if there is a psycho analyst out there that could explain it. I have asked fans of other clubs and I think we are alone in loving crap cult heroes. My take on it would be we are more comfortable with them after our years of low self esteem.

It took us five years and the best part of 100 goals to find a song for Brett Pitman, we've never sang for Surman or Josh King.... But....two songs for Chukki, three for Rantie and our best song ever for Iturbe who started one game against a league two side in the FACup.

It's not a syllable thing either as Josh King has same as Chukki and Joshua King has four or three depending how you pronounce it,which both fit a lot of songs.

Maybe he just needs to become crap but run blindly around with a lot of energy.

What about the Josh King number 17 one suggested last season.

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=75728&posts=32

Thanks, Sam AFCB...I have been singing it on my lonesome in the main stand, but I'm drowned out by the clacking of dentures on Werthers and the rustling of tartan picnic blankets.

definitely this suggested by samafcb and seafrontsupporter:

To the tune of Go West:

Josh King
Number 17
Josh King
Chases every thing
Josh King
Cherries' goal machine
Josh King
Number 17

great shout, no contest

I've tried a couple of times in the NS but can't get as loud as I used to so get drowned out, but I've tweeted it again.

For those not there and who only saw MotD
Recorded it from Sky and tweeted it
https://twitter.com/garyafcb/status/792845222275260416

Didn't realise it was that bad watching it from the away section.

Seems to have gone mostly unreported and under the radar. Nothing on MOTD and little in the national reports I've seen. We'd never hear the end of it if that happened to Costa or Zlatan. Cos it's Bournemouth, nobody registers the ridiculousness of the (lack of) decision

It's genuinely strange how it's been ignored as a talking point when it's probably the biggest decision in the game. Especially coming on the back of last week when, once confirmed absolutely by the FA and the second time according to the consensus of almost all pundits, Spurs should have had one if not two players sent off.

What happened to that table of key 'wrong' decisions given by refs in the PL last season? I seem to remember we were top of it for a long time but didn't see it towards the end of the season. I suspect we're right up there again, if it's being collated this season.

;