Junior Stanislas

You can’t compare Fraser and Stanislas. You can’t justify Fraser refusing to play the final 9 games of the season to stay injury free to sign elsewhere and could have ultimately kept us up.
I was more making the general point that I have no bad blood towards a player if they don’t sign a contract, only is they don’t give their all while with us. I was referring to him not signing a new long term deal. In terms of his refusal to see out the season with a short term deal, yes I agree in this very unique situation I believe he owed it to us to see out the season given what we had done for him as a club and his lack of application that season up until that point.

Can’t believe people are criticising the guy tbh. Do people who are criticising his actions understand that football is how he makes his living? What is wrong with him waiting it out to see if a better offer came in? I’d never criticise a player for not signing a contract, even in the case of Fraser never felt any bad blood towards him in terms of his decision not to sign, they are entitled to do what they want. It is committing to a contact and then downing tools the moment you decide you are too good for us that I have an issue with.

my feeling is that everyone is happy he has re-signed, as he's a good player. I don't think its unreasonable for us fans to have a little lighthearted dig at him for having a look around - its just reinforcing the point that for us the club is for life.... and for the players its a just a job. we do realise that, and should be allowed to point it out every now and then.

Hopefully whatever was going on in his head at the time of the spat with Surridge has cleared and he’ll be a full on team player.

Nothing offer wise came in then?

Ah well, last resort eh?
31 year old professional sportsman offered reduced terms in a new contract ensures he's getting the best deal for himself and his family rather than blindly taking what's on offer. It's surprising because of course none of us ever negotiate for a better deal/price/contract. Ever.

Exactly Al. Premier league team was never going to gamble on him
I bet he's furious you never told him. You're probably right, but having seen Gosling, King and Bego get something you can hardly blame him for having a look.

so his behavior last season and his injury record since he arrived is of no concern to you?
[as long as, when he's fit, he plays on the left...]
Did I say it was of no concern to me? Name me another wide player who is available on a free and who scored 10+ goals in the championship last season and then I will better understand your reasons for feeling overwhelmed. Spoiler alert, you can’t, because there isn’t one. In terms of his injuries he actually played more games than Danjuma last season.

Did I say it was of no concern to me? Name me another wide player who is available on a free and who scored 10+ goals in the championship last season and then I will better understand your reasons for feeling overwhelmed. Spoiler alert, you can’t, because there isn’t one. In terms of his injuries he actually played more games than Danjuma last season.

your opinions would have more credibility if you were able to actually listen to the other person rather than trying to desperately point-score

I've no idea if there are other players available who fit into your rather specific criteria, however, there may be other players outside that criteria perhaps, even those playing in league one who could step up? I don't know and I would suggest you don't know either?

as stated, my concerns are regarding his injury record over the previous 6 seasons and his erratic behaviour last season - that's why I'm underwhelmed by him resigning

and don't ever say "spoiler alert" it's pathetic and makes you look stupid

I'm happy he made more appearances than Danjuma last season, does that help?

Bit more on COWS now.

Junior Stanislas is extending his journey with the Cherries and is excited to be working under Scott Parker – a man who also played a big role at the very start of the midfielder’s career as a first team player.

Wind the calendar back to March 2009 and a 19-year-old Stanislas was stood at the touchline at the Boleyn Ground ready to make his West Ham and Premier League debut, coming on for the final 22 minutes of a goalless draw with West Brom.

Already on the pitch was West Ham captain and future Cherries head coach Parker, Stanislas crediting his former team-mate for the early role he had in his own successful career in the upper reaches of English football.

“That game was a big one for me,” began Stanislas, in conversation with afcb.co.uk. “It was a big moment for me coming on and I then started on the weekend that followed and scored – and the head coach who’s here now played in both of them.

“We had a lot of good times on the pitch together, he helped me a lot off the pitch also and I can only say positive things about him.

“He’s very driven, very focused. He was like that as a player and everything that I’ve heard about him so far as a head coach has been very much the same.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/stanislas-on-history-with-parker-continuing-the-journey/

Last edited:
your opinions would have more credibility if you were able to actually listen to the other person rather than trying to desperately point-score

I've no idea if there are other players available who fit into your rather specific criteria, however, there may be other players outside that criteria perhaps, even those playing in league one who could step up? I don't know and I would suggest you don't know either?

as stated, my concerns are regarding his injury record over the previous 6 seasons and his erratic behaviour last season - that's why I'm underwhelmed by him resigning

Yeah you can put me down as one of those who doesn't know of any L1 players with Stan's quality.....I"m only making an educated guess here but I think you could also add our recruitment team to that list.

With Stan and Anthony to play on the left wing, that sounds pretty good. Wonder if we need someone who could shift there too if need be. Am assuming Arnie will leave or just be benched if he stays.

I was more making the general point that I have no bad blood towards a player if they don’t sign a contract, only is they don’t give their all while with us. I was referring to him not signing a new long term deal. In terms of his refusal to see out the season with a short term deal, yes I agree in this very unique situation I believe he owed it to us to see out the season given what we had done for him as a club and his lack of application that season up until that point.

Totally agree with you here. I

Erratic behaviour? Because he had a tiff with another player?

;