Junior Stanislas

I have massive respect for Junior, a lot will be said for his injuries but whenever he was on the pitch he always delivered and had many memorable moments like the Everton 3-3 and Man Utd corner goal. Even in the only appearance he made this season he scored against Everton in Cup.
Also because he and Smith were the last 2 players we have from Eddie's title winning team it has an even more emotional impact.

Well I have criticised him, albeit really in just, for his injury record. How many times have we looked at the substitute available this season and wished we had a player of his calibre to call on. Point I am making : great player and absolute respect to him for that, but should his contract have been renewed for those two years. Maybe he should have been moved on. Hindsight is a wonderful thing....

A great player that sadly only ever reached his potential when his body allowed him to... Some great goals in that real also... But, enough is enough and the club cannot keep offering him hope with his injury record... Hope he goes on to great things off the field now...

When fit a man who could change the momentum in a game all by himself. An even better man than he was a player, he was so good with kids and the developmentally challenged. He has the type of character we should want at the club. When his playing days are over, I hope room is found for him on staff.

Best wishes to him… he owes us nothing for service he has given us…injuries are a curse on some players like Junior and unfortunately he just couldn’t overcome them…but one of our more successful players in the PL times..

That is a lovely interview. Interesting that the interviewer went above and beyond highlighting JS’s character at the end for a good minute. Sounds like he’ll be missed even more than we as fans might’ve anticipated.

That is a lovely interview. Interesting that the interviewer went above and beyond highlighting JS’s character at the end for a good minute. Sounds like he’ll be missed even more than we as fans might’ve anticipated.
Yes great interview, hope we see junior back playing again

What a lovely interview with a lovely guy. Gutted that his career was so blighted by injury, he could have been one of our all time greats. I really hope he can come back in some capacity…..maybe training the rest of the team how to take corners and free kicks

;