Kevin Keegan

So this is where you admit to the world that Rishi and the current government are correct and you are wrong because you have never been a professional member of Parliament. They simply know more than you because you have never spent 1 minute understanding what it takes to run a country. Cannot believe you even try to comment or suggest the Tories might be wrong...

This is one of the worst comebacks you've managed to come up with from a fairly crowded field.

It really should not need to be said but politics is not comparable to professional sport. In politics there are many vested interests, different motivations, corruption, lies, etc. etc.

Professional sport has clear objectives and measures of success.

Unless you spent decades involved behind the scenes in a professional sport you will never have the same level of insight as someone who did. The confidence you have in you own understanding of football is absolutely bewildering, especially as you've posted your opinions on here for decades and it is clear to anyone reading them that you are no better informed about football than the rest of us.

Yeah and when they don't it's clearly because a researcher has pushed an opinion to them but I take your point it's about "brand value".

I don't think it's necessarily a lack of charisma more than there isn't a really a blueprint for a lot of female roles. Typically following the male pattern doesn't really work and there needs to be an adjustment in the approach. Additionally when that approach is discovered there will be period where it's impartially equal in quality but there's a culture of expecting it to be delivered a certain way. There might even be some tech involved, tune the mics differently to suit a different vocal profile.

Things like being a stand up comedian requires a hard extrovert personality and often being a bit confrontational so it biases towards men.

Diana Fleischman or (I'll be pilloried for this one) Jordan Peterson explain this sort of stuff really well scientifically.

Yeah I know some will detride Peterson but he hits the nail on the head with some points around the whole gender thing, a topic most are scared to go to far into...

He refers to what you're talking about as 'disagreableness' personality/character trait.

This is one of the worst comebacks you've managed to come up with from a fairly crowded field.

It really should not need to be said but politics is not comparable to professional sport. In politics there are many vested interests, different motivations, corruption, lies, etc. etc.

Professional sport has clear objectives and measures of success.

Unless you spent decades involved behind the scenes in a professional sport you will never have the same level of insight as someone who did. The confidence you have in you own understanding of football is absolutely bewildering, especially as you've posted your opinions on here for decades and it is clear to anyone reading them that you are no better informed about football than the rest of us.

Ah of course..its not comparable. You have a long history of running an country and knowing what it entails...

Being a Bournemouth fan I'm afraid I don't have enough of a data set to make any conclusions about any form of punditry from the national media.

Keegan was probably among the top 10 strikers for England ever and I loved watching him play his 100% energy game...remember him at DC for Scunthorpe
. ..but he is one of the majority of players who just talks rubbish in front of a camera.
Maybe he feels pushed out of pundit opportunities because of women.

I just don't see why he had to pinpoint women, specifically. He could have said 'I think those who played at a higher level make better pundits', but he highlighted women. People can try to justify his comment with the higher level argument, but to me his argument is being used to cover for a prejudice. He has some kind of agenda.

I'd rather listen to a camel sucking a ginger biscuit than just about 95% of the pundits ..only Shearer and Jenas seem to resonate with anything i've thought !

The whole thing is a crock of sh*t now....most of Sport is...corruption, greed, woke infiltration and much more I could find to moan about...and i'm looking for it...don't you worry about that Postpickers !

Some of the Threads that are rocking up now....are absolute f√cking pearlers....playing right into the hands of those that can craft a good barney or 'sensitivity saga'....you know .. adept at baiting their lines !
The usual saps get hooked on....it's quite hilarious.....

Sounds like NOC
I wouldnt have thought so...not my bag this...certainly not a manbag either you understand ?...
Keegan has mostly talked sense in the past ..but this crap is embarrassing....f√ck me ..he is so off his sh*t !

A very strange time to denigrate Women's Football and owt associated with it...bearing in mind what the England Women have acheived in a short space of time.....with the men years away from Cup Wins.. and so bloody unentertaining .in comparison !

Missed this thread earlier in the week. Some of us work in person rather than WFH. But hey, that's a different subject entirely.

All I see is our resident know it it all SDD giving it the biggun as usual. Who the fook is this guy?

He berates @Neil Dawson at EVERY opportunity, but at least we all know Neil and his obsessive behaviour and he doesn't remotely try and disguise who he is.

But, SDD, who the fook is this guy?

Does anyone on here know him?

OK If it's that simple.
Oh it's f√cking simple alright...score more goals than the opposition in the crucial games and rounds of a Cup....and do it in style, strutting, swaggering.
England invented the Game of Football...we are obliged to be the front runners and main trendsetters .
It's another End Of.

Oh it's f√cking simple alright...score more goals than the opposition in the crucial games and rounds of a Cup....and do it in style, strutting, swaggering.
England invented the Game of Football...we are obliged to be the front runners and main trendsetters .
It's another End Of.
I get that NOC. No need to get your long johns in a twist.

It doesn't really do it for me. Is that ok?

;