Kris Temple Twitter Re January - AFCB

Blast from the past on Rovers thread where they are discussing Rothwell.

anyone old enough will remember andy crawford wanting a move away,nobody came with an offer that suited rovers and he ended up training with the youth team,when he did move ironically to bournemouth he got released after a year and finished up playing non league ,let that be a warning to you joe

Kris Temple latest on transfers - very encouraging. If these guys turn up it could re-energise the squad. We’ve learned that the current crop can’t maintain a promotion push so - good - refresh the mix. Next 48 hours are crucial for the immediate future of the club - and possibly the long term.

Isn’t he a right back? Seem well covered in that area with Stacey, Laird and Smith to come back at some point. Unless he can also play centre back?

Rogers almost definitely going back (and then out again).

Surely not Williams? - he’s been playing right back for LFC. That would give us four RBs/RWBs. Unless SP wants to play him at CB?

Lancashire Telegraph

Tony Mowbray on Joe Rothwell:
“It was a duel decision. If a kid is struggling and there’s a potential deal that could change the rest of his life and he wants to see.

Pistols at dawn, Mowbray said, if he doesn't sign a new contract.

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/35141-january-transfer-window-2022/page/263/

Of course! - it's all Mowbrays fault and JR is an innocent in all of this, why didn't I see that.
Rothwell is obviously a player who likes to run his contract down - he has form for it after all. Tony, devious fecker that he is, waits for Joe to say he wants to talk to other clubs and then takes that chance to throw him under the bus. Genius!
There's a job waiting for you in Boris Johnson's team - he's going to need someone to spin the rest of us a yarn soon once that report comes out.

That doesn't sound so good.

Strange, I thought Cantwell was a big player for Norwich?

As I mentioned when I saw him play I wished we had him.

Only 23.

One comment on their forum.

wish we'd sold him in summer while his stock was high.

At least if he goes on loan we'll potentially get him back for the championship next season or command a decent fee for him then. He's completely unsuitable for a relegation prem battle style of play.

Back at that level he's got the x factor to make us tick in a more dominant playing style vs the likes of Rotherham and Wycombe.

This from pinkun.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwic...mours-cantwell-talks-with-bournemouth-8655588

Last edited:
Another comment from Pinkun forum.

As I remember it, we were told by the message board experts that selling him for £30 million would show a lack of ambition and that we needed to be tough and force him to stay.

;