Leeds at Home

Yes. And at all the other home and away Leeds games since. Completely different environment, ticketless era, amount of away fans allowed, no away points membership club, lack of preparation, building material left around ground, one team going for promotion…. I could go on. A bit like saying if we played Aldershot again there’d bound to be a pitched battle on the cricket pitch by the Kings park cafe…

I don't think Aldershot would be bragging about past battles.
Your ignorance astound me.
I might not be around when this fixture happens, but if it does occur on this weekend, mark my words, it will kick off.
Please feel free to resurrect this post May 2023.

I might not be around when this fixture happens, but if it does occur on this weekend, mark my words, it will kick off.

They wouldn't have even remembered if our "trust" didn't spout off nonsence. If anything does happen, which it won't, it'll be solely down to hyping up a non-event.

I just don’t agree, like you say time will tell and I hope you are here to find out Al. Fingers crossed for you.

I don’t tend to read Twitter often and certainly don’t post, those that do, appear to not even be old enough to remember the incident let alone have been involved.

The club and police will have discussed it with the Premier League prior to the release. These discussions take place hence us being away on air show weekend every single year.

This is either a surprising oversight or they decided at the time it wasn’t an issue. They may monitor things online and decide otherwise, they may not. We’ll see.

Leeds are Leeds....they even tell you..." We are Leeds". they are gagging for another crack at " the southern softies ". that stole their PL place for 5 years while they flirted with Tinpottery
. .OK there will be some decent Leeds fans in existence ....but they are the ones who stay home munching liquorice blobs ( Pontefract Cakes)... not the travelling moronic knuckle bosun's !

Yes. And at all the other home and away Leeds games since. Completely different environment, ticketless era, amount of away fans allowed, no away points membership club, lack of preparation, building material left around ground, one team going for promotion…. I could go on. A bit like saying if we played Aldershot again there’d bound to be a pitched battle on the cricket pitch by the Kings park cafe…
But it's not the same as all the other times we have played them since '90 is it? You are deliberately ignoring the fact that it is in Bournemouth on May Bank Holiday weekend. Do you seriously not think thousands of ticketless Leeds will not want to spend the whole weekend here playing up?
Really?

So it's Cherries Trust's fault for bringing it to Leeds fans attention?
Of course they otherwise wouldn't have looked at a Bank Holiday weekend down here with any thoughts of 1990 at all?

But do you not think if people kept There mouths shut when the fixtures were released and not made a big drama about. The club and the police know it’s a problem as they have moved game before and this will again.

The naivety of some AFCB concerning Leeds is quite staggering . As Al said please resurrect this thread after the towns been trashed again by a bunch of p*ssed 50 something teletubby lookalikes trying to relive their sh*tty youth .
Oh and it’s all the trusts fault for pointing it out FFS :rofl::rofl:

Lol, they won;t 'kick off' like back all those years ago.

Unless you count some p1ssed up men chanting songs around the town centre as a big issue.

Only thing that may spice it up is if their PL status is seriously at threat, or they;re near the top... neither of which is likely to happen imo.

But it's not the same as all the other times we have played them since '90 is it? You are deliberately ignoring the fact that it is in Bournemouth on May Bank Holiday weekend. Do you seriously not think thousands of ticketless Leeds will not want to spend the whole weekend here playing up?
Really?
I don’t believe that thousands of ticketless fans will come here and play up. No. I think times have changed.

I also think it will get moved though so won’t be an issue so we are unlikely to find out.

A balanced report from Sam but as one who was there back in the day I feel we should not tempt fate and the fixture should not be played on a Bank Holiday . The Police were quick enough to punish the AFCB fans with no Bank Holiday fixtures for years afterwards so I believe they should be pro active now.

I don’t believe that thousands of ticketless fans will come here and play up. No. I think times have changed.
You clearly haven't been to Bournemouth on a weekend then. Most weekends in the summer are bad enough as it is with stags and hens and the Bank Holiday crowd are mostly (insert expletive of your choice.) AFCB do not play at home on an Airshow weekend for overcrowding reasons, I assume (because it's not as if the average "spotter" is going to kick off with footie fans.) So for the same reasons and more AFCB don't really need to be playing at home on any Bank Holiday (apart from Xmas/New Year) and especially against Leeds given the history.
It's not too difficult a concept to grasp

You clearly haven't been to Bournemouth on a weekend then. Most weekends in the summer are bad enough as it is with stags and hens and the Bank Holiday crowd are mostly (insert expletive of your choice.) AFCB do not play at home on an Airshow weekend for overcrowding reasons, I assume (because it's not as if the average "spotter" is going to kick off with footie fans.) So for the same reasons and more AFCB don't really need to be playing at home on any Bank Holiday (apart from Xmas/New Year) and especially against Leeds given the history.
It's not too difficult a concept to grasp
Like most people that live in the conurbation I’ve been to Bournemouth at the weekend thanks, struggling to think on one when I haven’t tbh. I just don’t believe in the current age when 1300 of the most dedicated well behaved Leeds fans will get a ticket (by far their smallest allocation of the season) that another 5,000 will pay to travel down stay in various Premier Inns for 100 quid a night and smash the crap out of the town after their all you can eat breakfast. I think people are totally overreacting. I expect that from the useless self promoting cockwombles that make up the cherries trust but other people are surprising me! I’d be far more surprised if there was wide spread trouble than if there wasn’t.

Like most people that live in the conurbation I’ve been to Bournemouth at the weekend thanks, struggling to think on one when I haven’t tbh. I just don’t believe in the current age when 1300 of the most dedicated well behaved Leeds fans will get a ticket (by far their smallest allocation of the season) that another 5,000 will pay to travel down stay in various Premier Inns for 100 quid a night and smash the crap out of the town after their all you can eat breakfast. I think people are totally overreacting. I expect that from the useless self promoting cockwombles that make up the cherries trust but other people are surprising me! I’d be far more surprised if there was wide spread trouble than if there wasn’t.

Looks like its going to be another good season for the bed sheet suppliers...

So it's Cherries Trust's fault for bringing it to Leeds fans attention?
Of course they otherwise wouldn't have looked at a Bank Holiday weekend down here with any thoughts of 1990 at all?
So are you saying it has to be a midweek game? For ever?

Because presumably they could smash up the town on a two day weekend just as well as a three day one?

;