Leicester - The Verdict

From the first four games - I don’t see one team in the division that you could say looks definitely weaker than us - not even Watford.

And that is worrying and not a little shocking.

Good job I am working this evening, seeing some of the usual OTT reactions so far!

Leicester away is always going to be tough for pretty much any side that goes there, if they play to form. So losing isn't a disgrace in itself. We did ok in the first half overall, radio commentators saying these were two good teams going for it. Second half, I was out on a work call so have less idea but that terrible tackle, has to be a red card and the game can change just like that. We are not having much luck so far are we!

Four games and all a bit strange, can't really see where things will go. People cried because Sheffield drew with us - well today they came from two down to draw at Chelsea. We played well at Villa, who have done pretty well since [ by the way, if we are upset at VAR, you should see their disallowed last minute goal today, one of the worst decisions we will ever see! ]. Man City whoop most teams and we still had more shots on target than they did - and the Callum miss at 2-1 was the match changing moment.

On the negative side today - I think Eddie needs to get his head around the left back situation very quickly. Ake should not play there, simple as that. If Rico isn't ever going to be trusted, move him out before the European deadline [ not sure if Smithy has a proper injury though ]. Get Stacey RB, Smithy LB, until Kelly is fit.

Wee Man - love him but at the minute, I don't! His heart isn't in the team. He is so lucky Danjuma isn't fit. But I would have Solanke behind Callum and then maybe even Kilkenny one of the wide players, rather than have someone farting about in our shirt. Same goes for Josh.

I really, really don't think anyone should be panicking. We know [ yet again! ], injuries are kicking us in the butt. We know we have a mid-table squad when fit. Its four games. We played very well at times against City, we played well at Villa.

Annoying today but perspective still needed please.

I really, really don't think anyone should be panicking. We know [ yet again! ], injuries are kicking us in the butt. We know we have a mid-table squad when fit. Its four games. We played very well at times against City, we played well at Villa.

Wouldn't say panic, but we will need some good work in September.

Good job I am working this evening, seeing some of the usual OTT reactions so far!

Leicester away is always going to be tough for pretty much any side that goes there, if they play to form. So losing isn't a disgrace in itself. We did ok in the first half overall, radio commentators saying these were two good teams going for it. Second half, I was out on a work call so have less idea but that terrible tackle, has to be a red card and the game can change just like that. We are not having much luck so far are we!

Four games and all a bit strange, can't really see where things will go. People cried because Sheffield drew with us - well today they came from two down to draw at Chelsea. We played well at Villa, who have done pretty well since [ by the way, if we are upset at VAR, you should see their disallowed last minute goal today, one of the worst decisions we will ever see! ]. Man City whoop most teams and we still had more shots on target than they did - and the Callum miss at 2-1 was the match changing moment.

On the negative side today - I think Eddie needs to get his head around the left back situation very quickly. Ake should not play there, simple as that. If Rico isn't ever going to be trusted, move him out before the European deadline [ not sure if Smithy has a proper injury though ]. Get Stacey RB, Smithy LB, until Kelly is fit.

Wee Man - love him but at the minute, I don't! His heart isn't in the team. He is so lucky Danjuma isn't fit. But I would have Solanke behind Callum and then maybe even Kilkenny one of the wide players, rather than have someone farting about in our shirt. Same goes for Josh.

Wise words mate

On my way home. For what it's worth I thought we were the better team 1st half. Their 1st was out of the blue but poor defending by us. Good recovery by us and good value for 1-1. Their 2nd lucky ricochet for Vardy when we looked pretty comfortable.

2nd half we weren't as good but even so it looked a pen to me when Callum was booked for diving and by the look of it they should have had a red.

A pen for us or them down to 10 it's a different game but once they got the 3rd we never really threatened.

Ake at LB is a strange one as was Surman for King. But for 60 mins we were well in it and it was certainly a better performance than last season.

Get Brooks, Lewis, Kelly and Danjuma back i.e. a bit of creativity and I think we'll be fine

My thoughts
People who didn’t attend the game will be surprised to hear that individual errors from our defenders yet again cost us the game. I really do feel very dejected after that, after over 4 years in this league we are still a joke defensively. It was like watching men vs boys, Leicester were aggressive, took no chances and left us no space to play in. The polar opposite to what we were. Their defenders and defensive midfielders first thought is to defend the goal by any means possible and they clearly work a lot on their defensive shape. Our defensive set up looks like six random guys who have never met have been cobbled together, we just cannot do the basics right. Until we learn how to defend properly we will never progress. Individually Mephams defending for the first goal in inexcusable, I’d have substituted him immediately after that. He wasn’t and he cost us another goal by trying to dribble out in a stupid part of the pitch. Do any of the Leicester defenders give a single goal like that away all season? I don’t think so. Mepham managed it twice in one match. It must be said that the attacking players were absolutely woeful yet again, Fraser despite the assist was dreadful. He is seriously delusional if he thinks that he’s getting anywhere near the first 11 of a top team. Crap crossing, very little ability on the ball and constantly loses possession. King would you believe it looked lost as a number ten, I know astonishing isn’t it. Not capable of picking up pockets of space or linking play. Leicester didn’t give him space to run into so he was completely ineffective. Wilson was anonymous, got bullied and about as strong as a wet paper back in comparison to the Leicester centre halves. The worrying thing is all any opposition team has to do to blunt our attack is simply stick players behind the ball, if we can’t counter we’ve got nothing. This combined with the fact that we gift opposition teams goals for fun means that the situation is looking worrying indeed. I’m sure I’ll get labelled as reacting over the top for this but hey ho I am just saying what I’m seeing. Hope I’m wrong and we can turn things around.

My thoughts
People who didn’t attend the game will be surprised to hear that individual errors from our defenders yet again cost us the game. I really do feel very dejected after that, after over 4 years in this league we are still a joke defensively. It was like watching men vs boys, Leicester were aggressive, took no chances and left us no space to play in. The polar opposite to what we were. Their defenders and defensive midfielders first thought is to defend the goal by any means possible and they clearly work a lot on their defensive shape. Our defensive set up looks like six random guys who have never met have been cobbled together, we just cannot do the basics right. Until we learn how to defend properly we will never progress. Individually Mephams defending for the first goal in inexcusable, I’d have substituted him immediately after that. He wasn’t and he cost us another goal by trying to dribble out in a stupid part of the pitch. Do any of the Leicester defenders give a single goal like that away all season? I don’t think so. Mepham managed it twice in one match. It must be said that the attacking players were absolutely woeful yet again, Fraser despite the assist was dreadful. He is seriously delusional if he thinks that he’s getting anywhere near the first 11 of a top team. Crap crossing, very little ability on the ball and constantly loses possession. King would you believe it looked lost as a number ten, I know astonishing isn’t it. Not capable of picking up pockets of space or linking play. Leicester didn’t give him space to run into so he was completely ineffective. Wilson was anonymous, got bullied and about as strong as a wet paper back in comparison to the Leicester centre halves. The worrying thing is all any opposition team has to do to blunt our attack is simply stick players behind the ball, if we can’t counter we’ve got nothing. This combined with the fact that we gift opposition teams goals for fun means that the situation is looking worrying indeed. I’m sure I’ll get labelled as reacting over the top for this but hey ho I am just saying what I’m seeing. Hope I’m wrong and we can turn things around.
(y)

Calm down everyone. It’s all part of the plan.

The thing that got us up through the leagues was an incredible team spirit. Players were average enough but a good coach and team spirit saw us do it.

We still have a good coach but with a large chunk of our current players having never known hardship, we’ve lost team spirit.

Therefore, Eddie is deliberately coaching them to be rubbish so that we are bottom at Christmas. Then, he’ll coach them to be ok and we’ll win a few games. Once the team starts to think there’s a miracle on the cards, he’ll coach them to be amazing. They’ll go on a run, achieve the impossible and believe they are a team again. They will survive with one game to go.

Next season we will carry that over and win the league a la Leicester.

Pretty obvious if you ask me.

WAY OTT!!! Stop it.

You really do have a down in me don’t you for God knows why.

I don’t see anyone so far that looks definitely weaker than us - do you? If so please justify that as you’ve accused me of being WAY OTT.

I haven’t said we are the worst team in the division - I think there are maybe 6-8 teams about the same level.

The thing is we were poor defensively last season, shipping goals in left right and centre (and any other possible angles, yes I’m talking about you Asmir), and all we have changed is stuck Ramsdale in goal. Same back 4, or 3, or 5.

I have no issues with our attacking play in general but Fraser has started the season poorly and Harry Wilson didn’t get a look in today. We miss Brooks.

A win against Everton in 14 days and 7 points from 5 won’t seem so bad.

Maybe Lewis Cook can play in the next few games, Lerma can play a more defensive role with Billing and Cook creating more.

What happened to the young goalie who played at the end of last season ?

Seems like you have 2 good keepers for the future .

Maybe so, but does this team, as presently constituted, look like they would run through a wall for the gaffer ... as they might have two years ago? Something is clearly not right, maybe just all the injuries (again!). But going back to last year, we have collected 29 points in our last 32 games.

You had me until Solanke.

;