Leicester - The Verdict

I think we used to do better than anyone could imagine in this league. I think since we have had five loads of premier league money to spend we are not. If we choose to spend 55m on Solanke, Ibe, Grabban and Afobe we can’t claim that we are under resourced.... what we are is under talented in resourcing. Some people don’t like hearing it but you have to try and look at it as a neutral would.

Of course I don’t think we only have one playing formation, we have tried quite a few. I think we can only ever make one work, the one the coaches all played. We try others but always go back to 4-4-2 which is not fit for this league long term

Which is why I made the comment earlier that the logical conclusion from your points on where the issues lie is ...... Eddie has to go.

He has been to other clubs around Europe to see different coaching styles etc so if after this it all remains the same then it must be on his say so.

We all know everything comes through him so if the coaching, tactics, player development and recruitment are all wrong, whats the answer? It can only be he's not good enough.

Everyone seems to be going on about Leicester being the team most likely to break into the top 6 but in my opinion the major difference between the sides was Jamie Vardy, especially in the first half.

We clearly have issues to resolve, especially defensively, but without wanting to make excuses our squad has been seriously weakened by the absence of Brooks, Cook, Kelly etc.

Agree about Fraser though. So poor except for the assist.

I don't think that anyone on here has indicated that Eddie should go!

It's just incredibly frustrating that Ake was played left back instead of at the middle of defence yesterday. I don't think anyone on here would have recommended that before the game!

Some weird stuff here about Eddie and his strategies. He’s widely admired for keeping us in the PL while trying to play on the front foot. And he’s achieved this with one of the worst injury records in the PL over the past three years.

Let’s cut him some slack until the injured players are back and we’ve seen what he does with the youngsters and newbies - Ramsdale, Travers, Kilkenny, Ofobohr, Kelly, Stacey.

My main worry is the injury crisis at the back. What’s the score with Smith? Can we get Kelly fit after the international break? Can S Cook get over the groin injury? If we’re still in trouble with this lot in mid-September things could be tricky ... but it’s surely not of Eddie’s making??

Im sat in the cafe at Jamaica Inn on Bodmin Moor thinking about Boscombe History!
I once knew a Boscombe fan called Jerry.....he wouldnt eat biscuits if he knew they were made in Readung..most biscuits were....he was the same with Hats from Luton and Shoes from Northampton....funny old game Football....some even funnier fans!
He hated Bristol City and Rovers ..but he liked Tits!

Last edited:
I think we used to do better than anyone could imagine in this league. I think since we have had five loads of premier league money to spend we are not. If we choose to spend 55m on Solanke, Ibe, Grabban and Afobe we can’t claim that we are under resourced.... what we are is under talented in resourcing. Some people don’t like hearing it but you have to try and look at it as a neutral would.

Of course I don’t think we only have one playing formation, we have tried quite a few. I think we can only ever make one work, the one the coaches all played. We try others but always go back to 4-4-2 which is not fit for this league long term
You dont look at it as the way a neutral would though do you?

You mention £55m as if we're the only team in the league to spend any money. You only mention income rather than outgoings.

I think you look at things from a half-empty fans point of view.

I don't think that anyone on here has indicated that Eddie should go!

It's just incredibly frustrating that Ake was played left back instead of at the middle of defence yesterday. I don't think anyone on here would have recommended that before the game!

Nobody has directly said that Eddie should go but based on the continued criticism of coaching, tactics, player development and recruitment what is the logical conclusion?

One the day we got beat by what is probably a bit better team...on their patch..and they got a bit lucky at times......
You can only analyse to much less than 100% accuracy due to the many aspects there are to consider.
Not many managers plans bear the expected fruit once the games kick off...do they? Maybe 30%....in terms of results!

I'm not sure how many points fans realistically expected at this point? I would have thought in advance...beat Sheffield at home...draw at Villa...lose to City....maybe draw at Leicester on a good day....so that is five points. We have four. I am not sure we have played poorly aside from the second half yesterday....and we did struggle to play against Sheffield but were still a couple of minutes from winning.
Really not sure its the right moment for some people to be melting down yet!

...we have aspirations of competing and year on improving in this League, but from the matches so far we are looking disjointed, and lacking the usual flair that we have witnessed over the past seasons, at this point Howe needs to settle his team down and get them gelling pretty soon to avoid us being dragged into a relegation scrap to early on..

...we have aspirations of competing and year on improving in this League, but from the matches so far we are looking disjointed, and lacking the usual flair that we have witnessed over the past seasons, at this point Howe needs to settle his team down and get them gelling pretty soon to avoid us being dragged into a relegation scrap to early on..
Plenty of flair against Villa and if certain moments had gone our way against Man City......

I'm not sure how many points fans realistically expected at this point? I would have thought in advance...beat Sheffield at home...draw at Villa...lose to City....maybe draw at Leicester on a good day....so that is five points. We have four. I am not sure we have played poorly aside from the second half yesterday....and we did struggle to play against Sheffield but were still a couple of minutes from winning.
Really not sure its the right moment for some people to be melting down yet!

I think the “ melting down “ is all about performance levels not points , and is a follow on from the end of last season .
Weather we’ve played poorly or not I guess is in the eye of the beholder . Many posters would ask when have we played “ well”?

;