Lewis Cook

A great investment for both him and the club. Now tie up a couple more and start bringing in reinforcements to get a grip on next season and progress towards the top six. Why not dream the dream then live it, we are already living the dream but dream harder everyone!

two things:
1. The pitch in the background is maybe a week old. It's all re-marked at the minute. So this (and other?) deal was done before today. Perhaps the Boruc one too? Meaning more might have been done and we are "managing" the media?

2. My favourite time of year is "Photos of Neil Blake not quite smiling in black knitted shirts". I hope he gets a bulk discount!
I thought it was photoshopped rather than anything else.

Wow - just walked into the house and saw this. Certainly sends a message that we are serious. Not like those guys "up the road" from you who sell off their talent at the first opportunity.

Great stuff! AFCB isn't a selling club. Got me thinking about Ake. From memory Chelsea have a buy-back? So if you're Liverpool for example, does Chelsea's buy back make Ake a less attractive option?

Say the same thing happens as with VVD up the road. Liverpool (for example) stir it up a bit and agree transfer terms behind AFCB's backs. But Chelsea have first refusal. So any club that is serious have to beat not only any increased offer from us but any possible offer from Chelsea as well? Is that the way it works? Seems that the buy-back helps AFCB as well as Chelsea.

Well the value of any buy back is dependent on whether Aké himself has any interest in going back to Chelsea. If he doesn’t it’s irrelevant.

In this case he could reject a £30m (my assumed buy back figure) move to Chelsea, in which case we would be in our rights to quote £50m to say Liverpool

Shame we haven't got a midfielder in Russia who can pass as well as that.
Some of those long balls were phenomenally accurate and perfectly weighted.

All that clamour for Jonjo Shelvey. Also highlight reels like that do remind me why I laugh so much when folk compare him to Wilshere, and realise that I'm not wrong in my expectation of him

I guess we need to allow for the age group and opposition but why doesn't he do that for us? Has he been coached to play a different role or what?

We absolutely need to build our team around him doing that, finding wingers in space, roaming the deeper midfield positions freely.

Boggles the mind even more that Eddie made him wait so long.

There is no way either Cook or Brooks would get that much time and space in the league. I hope if Brooks plays well in the friendlies , people will realize thats very different to doing it v Spurs or Citeh

It even missed what I think was his best bit of individual skill, which I think was in the semi-final, where he got played the ball in a tricky situation and did one of those drag backs while spinning 360 degrees that you normally only see on FIFA. Absolute quality.

;