Lewis Cook

What do you mean?

It was more a response to what BillMcGarryCherry said in his post.

Statistics can be used to prove anything you want - but saying 50% of people think one thing doesn't tell you what the other 50% thought - they might all disagree, they might be split - they might not have an opinion at all - hence the Mark Twain quote - which he attributed to Benjamin Disraeli.

It was more a response to what BillMcGarryCherry said in his post.

Statistics can be used to prove anything you want - but saying 50% of people think one thing doesn't tell you what the other 50% thought - they might all disagree, they might be split - they might not have an opinion at all - hence the Mark Twain quote - which he attributed to Benjamin Disraeli.

50% did, 38% thought it was Gladstone, the other 32% don't trust statistics : )

I remember last season JD complimented Lewis on his skills and said he reminded him of Luca Modric and that he had tremendous potential. I wonder what JD thinks now that Lewis is left out of the PL starting eleven. Must be time for his inclusion starting next Monday surely.

I remember last season JD complimented Lewis on his skills and said he reminded him of Luca Modric and that he had tremendous potential. I wonder what JD thinks now that Lewis is left out of the PL starting eleven. Must be time for his inclusion starting next Monday surely.

I'd imagine Defoe would be thinking what he needs to do to get back into the starting XI rather than worrying about picking the rest of team.

Lewis did OK on Tuesday. Was it enough to get him in over Lerma and a fit Gosling? Especially against a physical Palace team, I'm still not totally convinced. Obviously if Surman gets in ahead thats a different matter...

I'd imagine Defoe would be thinking what he needs to do to get back into the starting XI rather than worrying about picking the rest of team.

Lewis did OK on Tuesday. Was it enough to get him in over Lerma and a fit Gosling? Especially against a physical Palace team, I'm still not totally convinced. Obviously if Surman gets in ahead thats a different matter...

This weird criticism of Eddie is getting even crazier - now he should be picking his side based on what Jermain Defoe thinks.

I think Lewis has given himself a great chance of getting his spot back. Personally I'd have Gosling as first choice out of all of them based on this season's form. Toss up between Cook and Lerma for the second spot although I wouldn't be too upset with a Cook Lerma combo either.

This weird criticism of Eddie is getting even crazier - now he should be picking his side based on what Jermain Defoe thinks.

I think Lewis has given himself a great chance of getting his spot back. Personally I'd have Gosling as first choice out of all of them based on this season's form. Toss up between Cook and Lerma for the second spot although I wouldn't be too upset with a Cook Lerma combo either.
Maybe a three in the middle

Was good to see him back starting, not that I’ve been one to go on about it. Didn’t set the world on fire, did ok, pairing with Lerma was ok. Be interesting to see if Eddie sticks with them V Watford.

We controlled the game for the first 25 minutes, but then we were over run really and the game didn't swing back in our favour until Gosling game on. Eddie has a really tough call to make against Watford in whether to start Gosling and if so, does he sacrifice Cook or one of the front 4 to do it?

...after a match where we ground out a result and three points, it is churlish to criticise anyone....but King looks like he is struggling and has lost his zip?

...after a match where we ground out a result and three points, it is churlish to criticise anyone....but King looks like he is struggling and has lost his zip?
He's better playing as an out and out striker I believe.Callums brought more to his all round game but seems his finishing isn't as good as we know it can be

To be honest we could of scored five or six tonight and I think you're right about us being churlish mate

;