Liverpool - The verdict

Easy in hindsight I know.....but that's what should of been done....but Eddie was always going to bring on Simpson....who unfortunately will never make a PL player

Well, not if he only gets 3 games a season and spends the rest of his time sitting on the bench. Might do though if he'd got a loan last year or this.

E
Well, not if he only gets 3 games a season and spends the rest of his time sitting on the bench. Might do though if he'd got a loan last year or this.
Every time I have seen him play... he is like a rabbit in the headlights.....he is 23 (?) if he was PL class it would of shown by now....loan him out , but imo he will ever be PL standard, by the way he's not alone

I thought we played well today but two defensive/passing errors cost us. I think Eddie picked the right side and a brilliant decision to take Jeff off. He can now play next week. The referee played well for them. He gave us NOTHING.

Good performance but we needed points out of that. Good performances aren't enough at this stage and Liverpool are a bit shite atm if you ask me.

Embarrassing away end that. Tourists with phones aots recording YNWA, which is a crap song anyway. I certainly won't miss going to these Disney clubs if we go down.

Surridge should be ahead of that pretender Solanke, all he did was be useless and injure Billing like his whole career here.

Wilson and Fraser fair enough but Brooks and King have both been injured and are hardly to blame.

My comment wasn’t having a pop at brooks or king - simply they have they haven’t performed. Not judging them on their injuries but we have had little return on their pay.

Why oh why is Solanke ever bought on?

He produces nothing, chickens out of 50/50 balls (against Adrian today) is never likely to score at this level and managed to crock Billings.

What is it that EH sees in him that I obviously fail to see?
At start of season I hoped he had something

He hasnt

He is ****************

Please God bring on Surridge from now on

Why oh why is Solanke ever bought on?

He produces nothing, chickens out of 50/50 balls (against Adrian today) is never likely to score at this level and managed to crock Billings.

What is it that EH sees in him that I obviously fail to see?
According to the OHEC Eddie thinks that Solanke has many attributes of Kermogant!

He cannot be serious .

We were playing badly and getting humped. We have played well in the last four games and got one point. We have given so many goals away this season it’s mind boggling.

Ultimately we are playing too many players who are not at this level and never really have been... Simpson, Stanislas, Gosling, Solanke shouldn’t be on the pitch at this level and it shows.

Our inability to make the squad right despite time and money and our inability to get players match fit will be the reason we go down if we do.
Yet many have blindly been repeating the mantra “ it’s our best ever squad “
, when it clearly isn’t.

Am surprised at all the negativity this week tbh. The only reason we lost today was Jack Simpson, other than his lapses we didn’t look like conceding and had a lot of chances. If we can play like that from now until the end of the season then all hope is not lost, Liverpool is the toughest game we had left and we were at least their equal today imo. Sure we need to pick up some results and quick, but I feel more positive after that! And to bash Stanislas as not good enough after today? He was our best player!!

Yet many have blindly been repeating the mantra “ it’s our best ever squad “
, when it clearly isn’t.
We haven't been able to keep much more than about 14 players of that squad fit at any given time. How many matches this season has the starting 11 simply picked itself? The problem isn't the squad per se , the problem is keeping enough of the squad available. That's down to Eddie and his back room team.

;