Liverpool - The verdict

Surridge should be ahead of that pretender Solanke, all he did was be useless and injure Billing like his whole career here.
I think you are wrong Surridge should have been on not Solanke. He is a goal scorer not a also ran. We seem to do the same thing with our subs, always players that are not good enough. When will Eddie take a gamble ? We don't have the games left to keep doing the same thing if we want to stay in the premiership. Also Gosling is not a pl player , he is slow & gives the ball away rather a lot. We played very well didn't get any luck. If Fraser a-temp had gone in it might have been different.

I only saw one replay in the match but Callum was definitely onside for the pass. Ake was borderline but looked on from the one replay I saw. However, he may have been off under closer examination.

Did they show it clearer after the match?

I'm not sure as I had to go out right after.....I was thinking for Ake, when the flag went up....I just thought knowing our luck, if Callum had scored again it would have been chalked off!

Yawn.... yep, had Simpson not thought he was Maldini twice, had Fraser’s lob been a little harder, had Wilson been able to score from three yards, had Solanke not gone in like David Batty on his team mates when he goes in like Nora Batty on opponents then we could have got a point. Take individual errors out of all our games and we would be challenging Liverpool for that title. Nothing wrong then is there.... I must be holding my newspaper upside down....

That kind of reply does you no favours Neil.

Very hesitant to reply to this, as I don't want to turn another thread into Neil's ramblings, but really?

Jack Simpson is sixth choice and only playing due to injuries to Steve Cook, Simon Francis, Chris Mepham and Lloyd Kelly.

Junior Stanislas was arguably our best-attacking player today, in a game where we did look threatening against the most dominant side the top flight has seen in 30 years.

Dan Gosling who has put in far more decent performances and had more of an impact than Lewis "Iniesta" Cook.

and Solanke...who I actually quite like but won't win me any favours in this debate...
‘Ramblings’ ..... cheers for that....

They wouldn’t get in any other team in the premier league DJ.

Don't want to get involved in all the realist v rosetinted evangelical tooing and froing. I'm a happy happy clapper, so's the Good Lady, we go to football to get away from "the real world". : )
Status update - just left Cherwell, 12 hours after we left Cherwell going t'other way. Not a lot changed in the league, we're all a game closer to the end of the season, except the 2nd worse team, they have another game in hand now.
Thought it was a very good performance against a record breaking top flight club. Result hinged on a couple of mistakes and strokes of luck, ergo a good performance but not result. : )
I still believe Eddie is and has worked miracles with this club, I'm satisfied with that. All I can see is him working his damnedest to do his best for us. That's enough for me but I don't want all you others, who can see more on the pitch than I ever will, to cease and desist with your opinions. It's what brings colour to our lives.
It's a long day today, don't think Rob is all that comfortable bouncing along nearly 500 miles of motorway in the back of a transit : )
Got to say Liverpool is one of mine and the Good Lady's favourite away days, excellent
stewarding, great pie and chips in Albert road (?).
Go to Anfield and meet the World : )

That kind of reply does you no favours Neil.
I don’t get people who at the end of games run a list of things that had they been different for one team would have changed the score without doing it for the other team. Mane hit the cross bar, Wilson pushed Gomez according to many etc etc. Not sure why that does me no favours!

I don’t get people who at the end of games run a list of things that had they been different for one team would have changed the score without doing it for the other team. Mane hit the cross bar, Wilson pushed Gomez according to many etc etc. Not sure why that does me no favours!

We played very well today, so you coming on here with depressive comments wasn't really needed. It was a lot more positive than you are trying to make out.....yet again pulling up the old 'we never strengthened' stuff.

We had at least as many clear chances as they did today, that's a fact. Ake and Fraser both a yard or two from scoring.

Are we talking for a prolonged period of time or just a one off because of injuries?

As an AFCB season ticket holder, I could say Marcus Browning could also play in goal. :}
What a stupid question, how would I know, I’m not a Luton supporter.

But in any event does it matter whether it was a couple or several times? The point I was making is that Stacey would’ve been a better option than the inexperienced and confidence-lacking Simpson.

‘Ramblings’ ..... cheers for that....

I just think the same tired old lines, especially when they are often confused, don’t add much to the debate and lose their context when repeated so frequently.

If they had all had ‘mares then fair enough. If the teams performance was on par with that of Palace and Brighton away, then fair enough, but not when it’s this Liverpool side and we could have snatched something from the game.

You’re knocking Stanislas and Gosling, the former was one of the best players on the pitch the latter probably has a bit of a gripe that he’s lost his place in the side to a very underperforming Lewis Cook.

We played very well today, so you coming on here with depressive comments wasn't really needed. It was a lot more positive than you are trying to make out.....yet again pulling up the old 'we never strengthened' stuff.

We had at least as many clear chances as they did today, that's a fact. Ake and Fraser both a yard or two from scoring.
Neil never lets facts get in the way of a good agenda driven rambling.....:grinning:

I haven’t said we weren’t good today. I said we have been very good in the last four games.

I am just saying you can take any game less than a three goal margin and work out the swing incidents that could have got you the points. Any side can. We have had a season of lamenting mistakes and misses. It’s those we need to stop. Too many lapses of concentration and for long periods lack of effort have defined this season.

I just think the same tired old lines, especially when they are often confused, don’t add much to the debate and lose their context when repeated so frequently.

If they had all had ‘mares then fair enough. If the teams performance was on par with that of Palace and Brighton away, then fair enough, but not when it’s this Liverpool side and we could have snatched something from the game.

You’re knocking Stanislas and Gosling, the former was one of the best players on the pitch the latter probably has a bit of a gripe that he’s lost his place in the side to a very underperforming Lewis Cook.

Im talking generally. I have said we played well today. However.... The fact we are still playing Solanke out of guilt like we did with Rantie, Surman, Simpson, Gosling and Stanislas all of whom can rise to the odd occasion like Stan did today but really are championship level is the reason we are so poor. It’s not for lack of signings mind though is it.

But in any event does it matter whether it was a couple or several times? The point I was making is that Stacey would’ve been a better option than the inexperienced and confidence-lacking Simpson.
Lol it was a fair question tbf.....if you really concided playing an inexperienced player at CB on the fact he'd played there once in league 2!

Not only have you claimed Stacey has played in the centre back role, you’re also claiming he has more Premier league experience than Simpson.

It was unfortunate Simpson had to play on the wrong side of defence, but being the only CB on the bench, it was a like for like swap, although not an ideal one.

Im talking generally. I have said we played well today. However.... The fact we are still playing Solanke out of guilt like we did with Rantie, Surman, Simpson, Gosling and Stanislas all of whom can rise to the odd occasion like Stan did today but really are championship level is the reason we are so poor. It’s not for lack of signings mind though is it.
simpson we are not playing out of guilt im pretty sure its due to injuries had we not had him on bench today and when cookie got injured you would of been using it as a stick to bash the management with, gosling would slot into a number of squads from our league he is our 3rd best center midfielder on form this year imo, surman has always done what is needed of him a calm head who has done very well for us in the last five years 4th best center midfielder this year imo, stan i agree can rise to the odd good game, solanke im moving towards he needs a confidence boosting loan, and rantie well there is nothing to be said about him that hasn't already been said 25000 times

Last edited:
Reactions: drd

;