Luis Sinisterra

He also claimed no manager in Premier league history had lost from 2 down, 3 times in a season. I found one season where 2 teams had lost 3 times from that position.
He also claimed 3 of our January signings scored less goals than, I think it was Anthony, again that turned out to be not true.
I'm not sure @Neil Dawson was wrong in that first stat, actually. At least based on the table you found the other day which showed teams "losing a two goal lead" not "losing the game". One of the Everton examples, funnily enough, was the 3-3 draw against us. One of my all time favourites.

I'm not sure @Neil Dawson was wrong in that first stat, actually. At least based on the table you found the other day which showed teams "losing a two goal lead" not "losing the game". One of the Everton examples, funnily enough, was the 3-3 draw against us. One of my all time favourites.
Oooohhhhh interestinnnnggg. @CherryBare you wouldn’t have made a mistake would you?

Expect radio silence everyone….

Because Hughes came out and said he’d been watching him for years. So the normal Roma connection that brought us Vina was superseded. Keep trying though. I have explained all this to you before.
So you were wrong when you claimed we only signed kluivert due to bills connection?

That year Everton and Liverpool lost 3, 2 goal leads. But given you said never in Premier league history, and clearly you made it up, I won't be looking back over almost 30 seasons.
You don’t have to mate. The stat is it’s the first time a manager has turned three two goal leads into losses. You said two other teams have done it. Apparently they haven’t. As someone that likes to go back in time to correct people you’d think you’d be keen to point out to the board you made a boo-boo.

Also Moore and JA refused to go. The club went to war with both with immense pressure as wanted Daka and Sinisterra. Moore didn’t back down.
We were discussing this yesterday after Sinisterra came on... and when you looked at the wingers we had at our disposal yesterday, (Sinisterra, Dango, Kluivert, even Brooks to a degree), I'd be hard pushed to opt for any of them above Anthony coming on atm...

Yes he had some poor moments in early games but as you said Neil, his energy, his press, his ability, for me, is above most of the wingers we have on our books currently... I've no idea about Iraola's thoughts on things but I know he was 'gutted' and in tears when he was told he needed to leave... He desperately did not want to go...

I'm not judging but first impressions of Sinisterra is that he clearly cannot be fit right now as if he is, I think we're in trouble... But, that is only first impressions... Plenty of time for them to change.

Asked how close the 24-year-old is to making an impact at Cherries, Iraola said: “It would have been good for him to play some minutes against Stoke the other day, but he couldn’t.

“So he has to continue. The other day at home against Chelsea he gave us good minutes, he finished tired. He needs this.

“When you change (clubs), probably training is different, the style is a bit different. So he needs to start winning his physical strength, because we know that his quality is there.

"He is very good, especially offensively, he is a difference-maker. We need him.”

It was his warm up that perturbed me. Everyone else going through passing drills and focused and he was just trying outrageous ways of kicking the ball to make it spin. Like two mates down a park. The players with him weren’t amused as the ball was going everywhere and they had to keep running to get it. Everything I hear is that Al was desperate to keep Anthony.
Well he did say he loved him!!

That's some extreme logic you are using there. So in your opinion all the players that played for a team that stayed up are therefore better players than all the players that played for a team that went down?!!!
Ian bishop didn’t to do bad despite being in a team that finished 92nd in the league!

Well I must confess my wife likes leeds and us (Yorkshire raised lass as parents from leeds) so I have seen him a few times and admire him. The scouting report earlier gives a good indication.

For me, he really goes for goal so I see him as helping down the middle to score and create goals as much as taking full backs on. Good skill and, like semenyo, enjoys attacking defenders directly especially when playing on the counter attack.

So for me offers more than other wide players except for Tav.

The risk is always injuries of course!

Re-reading the thread and enjoying the despair at signing “yet another winger”. Glad Richard Hughes ignored some of the opinions on here!

Yesterday, for the first time, we saw maybe what the club saw in him to spark off the strong debate about losing Anthony… He looked a real handful playing more centrally and attacking… Well done Luis…

However, I still think, and have said before that Anthony played better when deployed in the centre of the park in an advanced role, and when I think back to the moves and positions Sinisterra made and got himself into yesterday, I still believe an on-form Anthony would have been ‘as good’… but we’ll see if that is what Sinisterra has, or if he’s just getting started…

This is not taking anything away from the performance yesterday as he was very lively, and offered us some energy at a point when maybe levels were starting to fade a bit…Was very impressed. The squad is coming together and finally, you wonder if Iraola is tightening the net around his chosen 11…

Last edited:

;