Luton - The Verdict

Jesus that was a horrible watch. At least we got a point I guess. Begovic to thank again.
What is obvious is that we need an attacking left full back/wing back. Both Kelly and Rico can’t do it. Not sure what Jeff offered today.
player ratings
-Begovic- 10- genuinely don’t believe he put a foot wrong. Everything he had to do he did perfectly.
-Smith- 5- offered nothing going forward. Okay at the back.
-Cook-5- dodgy at times, solid enough at others.
-Simpson-6- as above. Gets an extra point for a point saving interception at the end.
-Kelly-7- decent when moved to centre back. Not an attacking full back.
-L Cook- 6- solid enough, didn’t do a lot on the ball but some very good defensive work.
-Billing- 4- just a bit crap really.
-Jeff- 3- I’m going to get slammed here (I don’t care) but I’ve never seen a 20m midfielder who contributes so little. He runs around a bit but rarely actually wins the ball, often seems a yard off the pace. Doesn’t create anything and just slows the game down. Seems like a really nice guy but what does he actually offer on the pitch?
-Brooks- 2- a bit generous really. Did he find a teammate even once with a pass?
-Stanislas- 4- his free kicks are starting to really piss me off now.
-Solanke- 3- was incredibly poor but spent a lot of the game completely isolated.
JT- 2- got it completely wrong today imo. There was absolutely no one to run beyond the Luton defence in that line up. You had three creative players up top who like to drop into pockets but who exactly are they supposed to create for? Tried to rectify by being Surridge on but the game was so scrappy by that point it was too late. Line up cost us the opportunity of an extra 2 points today imo.
I thought it was a fair result and knew it would be tricky today.
I personally thought defensively we were fine and Lewis cool was good again .

when we reverted to wingbacks today, wing backs need energy to have any effect . Our wingbacks look like 2 old men who smoke 60 a day .
Solanke way way of it . We lacked any pace and threat running beyond as you said.

The matter with Jeff is the same as the matter with Fraser and Wilson ....he thinks he is a PL player... he is not as was proved last season....I've always thought he was overpriced at £25 million.
Get the young players in .. who cost f√ck-all.

Agree Cherry Bare. There is much out there to get angry about but not our football right now. 2nd in table, good players to come back from injury, new blood if King goes too. Some cracking 6 pointers to look forward to. Relax!

Jesus H christ. Why are people reposting the no shot on target until ...stat which was wrong when Kris said it and wrong when you repeat it. Either watch the match and comment on it or don't. If you watched the match and still recycle it then I guess it helps me understand why politics today is the way it is.

Thanks Uberfan

Away point, clean sheet, crap pitch, slagging off players because they were isolated, provided no service, Jeff not good enough for Pl or us but apparently good enough for Columbia and a World Cup.

We weren’t great today but it’s another away point. I think there are 22 other teams who might prefer to be us tonight.

Christ that was dull....Brooks and Solanke were miles off their game....Ro Ro and Surridge were not much better when they came on.....Rico is a player to bring on to protect a lead or secure a point ...not to win a game....Jt doesn't have a lot of options there at the moment tbf......anyone would be better than Kelly though.... absolutely woeful....i suppose it's a point.....another point we can thank Bego for......Really need Danjuma back.

Christ that was dull....Brooks and Solanke were miles off their game....Ro Ro and Surridge were not much better when they came on.....Rico is a player to bring on to protect a lead or secure a point ...not to win a game....Jt doesn't have a lot of options there at the moment tbf......anyone would be better than Kelly though.... absolutely woeful....i suppose it's a point.....another point we can thank Bego for......Really need Danjuma back.

Go on, you know you want to....who had a good game?

Jesus that was a horrible watch. At least we got a point I guess. Begovic to thank again.
What is obvious is that we need an attacking left full back/wing back. Both Kelly and Rico can’t do it. Not sure what Jeff offered today.
player ratings
-Begovic- 10- genuinely don’t believe he put a foot wrong. Everything he had to do he did perfectly.
-Smith- 5- offered nothing going forward. Okay at the back.
-Cook-5- dodgy at times, solid enough at others.
-Simpson-6- as above. Gets an extra point for a point saving interception at the end.
-Kelly-7- decent when moved to centre back. Not an attacking full back.
-L Cook- 6- solid enough, didn’t do a lot on the ball but some very good defensive work.
-Billing- 4- just a bit crap really.
-Jeff- 3- I’m going to get slammed here (I don’t care) but I’ve never seen a 20m midfielder who contributes so little. He runs around a bit but rarely actually wins the ball, often seems a yard off the pace. Doesn’t create anything and just slows the game down. Seems like a really nice guy but what does he actually offer on the pitch?
-Brooks- 2- a bit generous really. Did he find a teammate even once with a pass?
-Stanislas- 4- his free kicks are starting to really piss me off now.
-Solanke- 3- was incredibly poor but spent a lot of the game completely isolated.
JT- 2- got it completely wrong today imo. There was absolutely no one to run beyond the Luton defence in that line up. You had three creative players up top who like to drop into pockets but who exactly are they supposed to create for? Tried to rectify by being Surridge on but the game was so scrappy by that point it was too late. Line up cost us the opportunity of an extra 2 points today imo.

Blimey, hate to see your ratings if we lost

;