Luton - The Verdict

There are times when the ball comes to Jeff and he passes it crisply and accurately first time and changes the whole pace of the game. No one else does this.

Very happy with a point away and a clean sheet. This one had me worried so pleased we didn't slip up. Little Cook and Begovic were both excellent again.

Likewise and I guess we have to take the positives.

But it was still bloody painful to watch. Credit to Luton though, they matched us man for man.

This has been a gruelling slog to get to the Christmas point and we know that, in contrast to the prem, this Saturday-midweek marathon takes its toll on a team not renowned for its fitness.

Imho a point gained today and it’s great we can keep clean sheets away to grind out a point. We have leaked goals for fun in recent seasons plus Rotherham and Preston were awful matches so huge credit to coaching team and players to make it 5 in a row. Above all begovic, who is a man re-born.

Really ??....all about opinions I spose.....thought it was a fair result
I thought they had the better chances and probably would have had a penalty with VAR, Begovic was mom for me and that says it all! The only plus point for me was another clean sheet but we need to play better than that and Tuesday night if we're to be going up automatically.

Anyone else find it funny how the Luton commentators were rambling about the lovely, well-kept pitch?

The team I play for in the 7th tier of Czech football has a significantly better playing surface than that ugly field. Albeit, better than Swansea I suppose.

I thought they had the better chances and probably would have had a penalty with VAR, Begovic was mom for me and that says it all! The only plus point for me was another clean sheet but we need to play better than that and Tuesday night if we're to be going up automatically.

Luton didn't really deserve to win, so much as we deserved to lose by not creating anything. We can count ourselves pretty lucky with a point today.

we looked tired
could JT have made a couple of changes to the starting lineup to freshen things up?
after all, our squad is the best in the division, apparently....
A lot of other coaches and managers in this division are bemoaning the fact that they are suffering loads of injuries and players with fatigue at this point in the season. It's a strange one , myself and a guy I work with were chatting to a sports guy from another Championship club this week and he maintained that most players were just about reaching peak fitness around now because of the stop start year that they have had. This was based purely on the amount of games that they have had to play in a relatively short space of time.He also reckoned that no players will be putting hard shifts in now , just tactical and conditioning.

just glad I wasn't able to attend that, was a poor spectacle all round zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

would have left half way thru the 2nd half back to a cosy, poncy boozer

:utc:

Because their policy of constantly sacking managers over the past six years has made them such a less successful team than us?

JT pulling no punches after the game and saying that was probably the worst surface we’ve had to play on all season. Tired legs on a heavy pitch where remaining upright is a major achievement was probably not a recipe for a feast of football. Considering Norwich’s result there and the circumstances of the schedule I think it was a decent point in the end. As long as we beat them when they come to DC ( as we should do ) I can be happy enough with the point we earned today.
:utc:

Anyone else find it funny how the Luton commentators were rambling about the lovely, well-kept pitch?

The team I play for in the 7th tier of Czech football has a significantly better playing surface than that ugly field. Albeit, better than Swansea I suppose.

Yep,couldn't understand why the summariser was so biased towards luton until it became clear he had played for the club.

Jesus H christ. Why are people reposting the no shot on target until ...stat which was wrong when Kris said it and wrong when you repeat it. Either watch the match and comment on it or don't. If you watched the match and still recycle it then I guess it helps me understand why politics today is the way it is.

We had a shot on target in the first half; I think it was before Luton had one on target.

;