Manchester City v AFC Bournemouth

Brooks won’t break at pace...not his game.

It’s 8 back and King and Fraser also defending but they will be given license to go forwards at pace as soon as we have the ball.

I’m not surprised about Mings because I did predict a shock. He always tries something different, City have the worlds best analytical teams and will have studied us to death but not this formation.

Clever. And nothing to lose. Hope Tyrone plays well...he sometimes needs a second touch like Gosling does and that’s not today!

May be a good chance to do a 4-4-2, or more of a 4-2-4. Put lots of firepower up front and see if we can't keep them on the back foot.
Whenever we sit back agains

It’s 8 back and King and Fraser also defending but they will be given license to go forwards at pace as soon as we have the ball.

I’m not surprised about Mings because I did predict a shock. He always tries something different, City have the worlds best analytical teams and will have studied us to death but not this formation.

Clever. And nothing to lose. Hope Tyrone plays well...he sometimes needs a second touch like Gosling does and that’s not today!
If it's shock and chaos we're after . . . it's nice to see Mousset on the bench. Nobody ever knows what he's going to do. If we can keep it close, it would be interesting to throw him on towards the end (he almost won it for us against them at home last year).
Also VERY glad to see Mings. If he's a competitor, well, you can't get a better fixture to be thrown into! Man City away!
UTCIAD!

May be a good chance to do a 4-4-2, or more of a 4-2-4. Put lots of firepower up front and see if we can't keep them on the back foot.
Whenever we sit back agains

If it's shock and chaos we're after . . . it's nice to see Mousset on the bench. Nobody ever knows what he's going to do. If we can keep it close, it would be interesting to throw him on towards the end (he almost won it for us against them at home last year).
Also VERY glad to see Mings. If he's a competitor, well, you can't get a better fixture to be thrown into! Man City away!
UTCIAD!

As long as he doesn't throw any of those rash lunging tackles in the box.

Jeez....our bench is heaving with talent compared to theirs! Woooof!
Half an hour left to put a curse on Ederson!

It's on......and i' ve just fed the Magpies in my garden! :guiness: :punch:

Its not that surprising. He got his first league start of last season by being thrown in against City.

Anyone else recall pre season two years back. Ake and Cook in a three man midfield. I'd not be surprised if we actually lined up like

------------------Begovic
Francis - Cook - Mings - Daniels
----------------------Ake
---------------Cook - Surman
King-------------------------------Fraser
=------------------Wilson

At least that's a touch more adventurous and Ake and Cook looked great albeit 30 months ago and in friendlies

;