Manchester United v AFC Bournemouth

It may be fairly obvious for me and probably you to realise that getting anything on Sunday is acutely remote. However, the Rose Tinted Spectacle Brigade seem to think otherwise.

I shall be watching the game up until Man Utd score the first goal as it will be game over from that point and then I shall be out for a brisk cycle ride.
A true afcb fan then.

Bego

Cook Simpson Mings
Ibe Rico
Lerma Ake

Stan
Mousset King

3-4-1-2........One eye on Watford.....Three MASSIVE 'game changers' on the bench in Wilson ....Brooks and Wee Man.....UTCIAD

Must have forgotten this, but just noticed our game is being shown live on Sky tomorrow.

Now after Spurs result, some may say that is ‘bad news’ and will not watch. I am looking forward to it.

:utc::utc::utc::utc::utc::utc::utc::utc:

Masochist.

We're due a fluky result against one of the 'big' teams.

Why shouldn't it be tomorrow?

The bookies had us at 35-1 to get anything at city.
We're 7.5/1 to win at United.
Amazingly the same odds as Arsenal are at Liverpool!

I know everybody's heads say a defeat, but my heart is saying a win.

Believe you bloody lightweights.

And if I'm wrong come the final whistle tomorrow?

Who cares, I've had 24 hours or so of hope.

Unlike you gloomy buggers.

Masochist.

Not still behind sofa then? ;)

We have had some close results against United at their place in the second and third seasons in this league.

Also just look at Man C recent results.

Masochist.

Yes. We have to keep the faith. We tore them apart for 30 or so minutes at Dean Court. Why can't we do the same at Old Trafford! With our injuries forcing changes, and as has been said before many times on this forum, hopefully we'll see the likes of Ibe, Mings, Simpson, Mousset and Rico putting on excellent displays, alongside the rest of the team (as long as they're picked!).

Something has to click soon and we're due some good luck in all areas. I would like to see some zip and fight against Man U. Quick closing down and lung bursting runs. Oh, and excellent finishing!

Tyrone Mings' famous display against Zlatan Ibrahimovich a couple of years or so ago up there shows he has fight and nerve and isn't fazed by big teams with big players. Jordan Ibe has pace and guile, and showed this against Chelsea in the Carabao. Simpson showed he can defend. Mousset that he can run and Rico can cross and shoot. These players are part of the squad for a reason. Eddie believes they have what it takes but without many consecutive games to prove it (Ibe aside-though it looks like he's re discovered form as wingback) it's hard for them to show their qualities. Incidentally, we aren't getting relegated, so I'm not too worried about the result against Man U, as long as we win :p Yes, it's all been said before but come on, let's get behind them all and believe....

Sometimes in the past Man Utd have had difficulty controlling players they know nothing about.....ie Mings in that previous draw up there! So I can't see why we shouldn't give Simpson a go...and Mousset and Rico!
Cup shocks are often due to unfamiliarity.

Last edited:
Sometimes Utd in the past have had difficulty controlling players they know nothing about.....ie Mings in that previous draw up there! So I can't see why we shouldn't give Simpson a go...and Mousset and Rico!
Cup shocks are often due to unfamiliarity.
Good point. We set up a style of play in that good run at the start of the season which would have been studied by opposition managers and eventually some were able to deal with it. They'll be doing their homework no doubt for this match but there must be a lot of 'ifs and buts' for them, not knowing who we are going to play. We really need to get these bench warmers playing. It would help them to believe in themselves. There must be nothing worse than feeling a bit - part player. I really would like them to shine and grab the headlines for the right reasons. Imagine Rico scoring a 30 - yard screamer, Simpson scoring with a header from a corner, Ibe skinning them on the right wing and playing a touch to Wilson or Fraser, who returns the ball for him to tap beyond the keeper into the net. Now, how could Mousset get on the scoresheet?

No-one, including Lys, knows that, because no-one, including Lys, knows what he'll do next when he gets the ball

Think this is the exciting thing about him.

Eddie signed him as a raw talent playing his natural game.

Now Eddie & Jason are coaching him into a Premier League player.

We have seen flashes of what he can do, the opposition besides us won’t know what he might pull out of the bag next.

Think he could turnout to be a very exciting player to watch once all the pieces fall into place.

Yeah I'm not slating him, it's sometimes amazing, sometimes frustrating, love having him, but that phrase above certainly sums him up

No-one, including Lys, knows that, because no-one, including Lys, knows what he'll do next when he gets the ball

Thing is King was rested V Spurs so will play against utd and not sure he will drop Wilson for this one. So Mousset May have to wait until the Brighton or Watford game

I think we will need to score 3 to win and in classic AFCB style I hope we do.
United look pretty sharp right now with attacking /goal scoring threat from front line and midfield . Watch out for the second wave arriving in the box lads.
:utc::yes:

Well, we're 3 hours into the journey on the Big Magic Bus. Had to get to DC early and get microchiped, with extra carers on board the fear is some of us might abscond : )
Picked Rob up at Rownhams, he's secure at the back of the bus. Honestly, the time it took, the wheel clamps and restraints, you'd think we were Con Air picking up Cyrus :)

Well, we're 3 hours into the journey on the Big Magic Bus. Had to get to DC early and get microchiped, with extra carers on board the fear is some of us might abscond : )
Picked Rob up at Rownhams, he's secure at the back of the bus. Honestly, the time it took, the wheel clamps and restraints, you'd think we were Con Air picking up Cyrus :)

Hope you get there safely...I want you at CB and RT as No 10 today! ...and the Bus tucked in behind!

Co-incidently my daughter and grand daughter are travelling in a mini-bus...in the same direction today...to play Wheelchair Football for Cornwall in a tournament in Nottingham. They go northwards several times a year...they are Annette and Amy if you ever cross paths at service stations.
Hope the Cherries do it for you today...our very best supporters!

;