Marc Pugh

He has tumbled down the pecking order!
On the bench tonight?
He really is out of picture, what has he done wrong?
Did he let us down last season?
I don't think so.

He is the one player that can do something different. The rest all seem to come out of the same embryo.

Just my opinion on Pugh but simply a case that EH and JT know exactly what they can expect from him.

Stanislas had spells on and off-form as well as suffering from injuries whilst Gradel is still on the comeback trail so makes more sense to give them the start. I don't see it as a slight on Marc. In fact, in these matches your bench should always have a reliable 'turn to' player or two just in case and I'd say he was one of them.

As for Moussett, such early days don't read anything into it. If things go well expect him to get at least half an hour.

Hearing rumours he could be off to the championship. Hopefully not true, our longest serving player, still has a lot to offer us, and a top bloke.

Would be gutted

Stick Pugh back in left midfield and I'm sure we'll see Charlie Daniel's form pick up too. They're are great, solid, tried and tested combo down that side. Stability and creativity is what we need. Not an option to sell with so many unproven players in the squad at the moment, imo.

We're a side that struggles to keep a shape, keep clean sheets, find consistent performers. It would be extremely odd to sell our hardest working, best defensive, most consistent attacking player. I've found it most odd that we haven't seen him in a league game yet this season.

I hope there's nothing in this.

We do have a lot of players in his position, but I'd put Pugh high up the pecking order.

Would like Pugh here for this season and then re-assess for next season (which may be in the championship !)

When I sent a text to Solent asking why Pugh wasn't playing, the answer from Willo was he wondered as well, Kris then joined in and mentioned Pugh has been carrying an injury.

Pugh must stay. He is our only player who can beat International Full Backs with ease, not only once, but twice!

2 + 2 makes 27 but perhaps if Taylor of Leeds is the kind of buccaneering LB a la Bale when he moved to Spurs he's seen as a winger and Pugh is the one making way.

I really hope not. I want Marc to stay and play a role with us for some time yet.

;