Marc Pugh

Another reason if he goes,it will be another player gone from our rise up the leagues,the squad is slowly being dismantled...

Would be extremely disappointed if this was true .Has proven he can do a job in the Prem even if not as a regular starter .
As a happy clapper would seriously start to question some of the decisions being made ...... Hopefully nothing to it though .

Villa are definitely after a winger as Adomah has turned them down.

We've only just signed Marc Wilson - Noah will not be happy if Pugh goes.

Burnley I assume is just a lazy link although maybe personally satisfying to go back to the club that didn't think he would make it at Championship level as a PL player.

Still hope there is nothing in this though.

The Alchemist - 29/8/2016 16:23

As far as I am aware Pugh has had an injury hence his non appearance in any squad

I will catch up with rest of thread in a minute, but he tweeted last week that he had no injuries

Don't want to see him go, lovely bloke, top player, could teach Fraser a bit about what to do when you don't have a running start on your full back. I was thinking the other day that there's a possible case for starting Smith and Pugh on each wing, then bringing the office later in the match, plus given Ake and Francis versatility it means reforming the shape isn't difficult

Yann
Brett
Tommy
Ritchie
murray
tomlin

What do they have in common? All slower than my nan. Pugh is clearly a great bloke and has done wondrous stuff for us but i wouldn't be shocked if he's on his way. His lack of pace has been a problem on occasions in the prem and eddie has clearly prioritized pace this summer

ChiknJorge - 30/8/2016 01:30
Yann
Brett
Tommy
Ritchie
murray
tomlin

What do they have in common? All slower than my nan. Pugh is clearly a great bloke and has done wondrous stuff for us but i wouldn't be shocked if he's on his way. His lack of pace has been a problem on occasions in the prem and eddie has clearly prioritized pace this summer

Pugh might slower than your nan but he'd deliver more than Ibe

We have plenty of pace now, but we can't get behind any teams back four, wingers coming inside instead of stretching and going outside and full backs being pushed back to stop over lapping runs.
The side needs a creative player in midfield, which we are not going to get and Cooke can't even get on the bench. I would push Surman forward a bit further and drop Ake in front of the back four.

Push Surman forward ??.......think he would pass out if he was asked to do that.....when was the last time he scored...or even looked like scoring ?

Many of us thought the promotion team would split up last season, it held together pretty well, it looks like it is going to be this season for the surgery that was always going to happen.
if he goes it will be a sad day. Quality player, who will ever forget that little shimmy before smacking it home against Bolton on that unbelievable night in April 2015. Still makes the hairs on the back of the neck stand up when thinking about it. :afcb:

ChiknJorge - 30/8/2016 01:30

Yann
Brett
Tommy
Ritchie
murray
tomlin

Think Eddie wanted to keep Ritchie, but Ritchie wanted to move towards the end of last season after interest from West Ham.

tedisking - 30/8/2016 09:04

Push Surman forward ??.......think he would pass out if he was asked to do that.....when was the last time he scored...or even looked like scoring ?

Reading away in championship winning season it was his run and shot that hit the post for Wilson to tap home for that vital 1-0 win. Scored a curling shot vs Leeds home that season too. Not many highlights but then he sits in front of back four.

AFCBade - 30/8/2016 10:10

tedisking - 30/8/2016 09:04

Reading away in championship winning season it was his run and shot that hit the post for Wilson to tap home for that vital 1-0 win. Scored a curling shot vs Leeds home that season too. Not many highlights but then he sits in front of back four.

Scored a cracker at Forest.

;