Marcus Tavernier

They are absolutely not indisputable facts and he absolutely was a terrible signing. Personally I think this is indisputable, can't wrap my head around someone not thinking this but there we are.
The trouble is who do you sign knowing they are 3rd choice striker maybe 4th. Limits who you can buy and it seemed a win-win for someone looking to develop.

Saw Lys score a cracker on his debut vs Milan xi and thought here was a forward that could develop well if he worked hard with Eddie’s coaching.

Thought he was a decent impact sub and at times looked better than players ahead of him but gradually his impact lessened.

Remember one cup game where he limped around the pitch as was injured and no one clapped - normally there is warm applause but just silence. Showed how little love there was for him and by the end I was delighted that we got £10m.

Maybe his attitude was poor or maybe he became disillusioned at a lack of starts. Who knows. I think he was a reasonable squad member though.

I think you'd struggle to find a worse buy than Mousset. You put an awful lot of emphasis on that very small purple patch he had, before and after that he was rubbish, and we're not talking 15+ goals here are we? 106 games in English football, 11 goals. You know it's bad when Steve Fletcher's goals-per-game ratio puts you in the shade.

He also had the chance to do a Solanke and prove himself at a lower level, he failed miserably and got released. Think about that, he got released because he was a terrible signing, like Jordon Ibe.
Worse signing than the Mouser? Possibly the £20m+ Liverpool ripped them off for Brewster.

Wilder has some incredible signings on his cv.

I’m surprised we haven’t got this Tavernier deal wrapped up with a swap deal for the Fletch statue from the club shop… :band2:

I think the Blades fans I know are more annoyed about McBurnie than Brewster. £18 million club record signing and 7 goals in 87 games. They are saying Brewster is showing promise - he could be their Solanke.

FWIW, they all think Mousset was a bad signing.

The front three of Mousset, McBurnie and Brewster certainly didn't offer value for money and Wilder should take the blame

Wilder has some incredible signings on his cv.

I’m surprised we haven’t got this Tavernier deal wrapped up with a swap deal for the Fletch statue from the club shop… :band2:
Well the Fletch statue in the shop is quicker than the real Fletch..................................

What is is preferred position? Because I’ve heard people say he’s a LWB, a RWB, a 10 and a winger. I’m getting the idea he’s versatile

12m seems a reasonable price when 15 was mentioned not long ago.

Maybe this is Max's calculation. Wait and pay a little less, compared with the strategy under Eddie of pulling the trigger early but paying a premium for it.

It's not the CB we all crave but he's a decent solid player for sure

No doubt a domino effect as players move thus freeing up options but in prem I do think getting players in early is important if positions are key. Centre back in particular falls in to that category

What is is preferred position? Because I’ve heard people say he’s a LWB, a RWB, a 10 and a winger. I’m getting the idea he’s versatile

Left winger I think but I have a feeling he'll be playing LWB. Something tells me that he's the intended started and JZ is the competition unless we intend to sell JZ?

Who said afcb "don't want" to spend on a CB?
I’m sure we’re negotiating hard. The board/Blake/whoever will be slaughtered for paying what people perceive to be over the odds but, understandably, folks are anxious about delay. Equally I’m not sure Parker’s recent comments have helped our negotiating stance.

Just because we might be getting this over the line first doesn’t mean we won’t be getting the centre backs next.

We will.

;