Marcus Tavernier

Lys Mousset was cheaper than Ibe and scored 6 x as many goals… objectivity Del, objectivity.

Is this an ironic joke I'm not getting? The first part followed by the second bit is astounding tbh. Still trying to work out how Sheffield United paying all that money for Mousset is anything other than a classic example of a terrible signing. Ibe, a winger, was also an objectively poor signing Neil. It's not even debatable really.

Is this an ironic joke I'm not getting? The first part followed by the second bit is astounding tbh. Still trying to work out how Sheffield United paying all that money for Mousset is anything other than a classic example of a terrible signing. Ibe, a winger, was also an objectively poor signing Neil. It's not even debatable really.
I’m also wondering if its irony that you keep asking. Mousset in his first season was an integral goal scoring and assisting part of a team that stayed up and earned another 120m. His record in that season was much stronger than more expensive players we signed. They are indisputable facts. He wasn’t a good signing by any stroke but he wasn’t a terrible one. You don’t agree. That’s fine. Let’s move on as i can’t be arsed to say the same thing again.

I’m also wondering if its irony that you keep asking. Mousset in his first season was an integral goal scoring and assisting part of a team that stayed up and earned another 120m. His record in that season was much stronger than more expensive players we signed. They are indisputable facts. He wasn’t a good signing by any stroke but he wasn’t a terrible one. You don’t agree. That’s fine. Let’s move on as i can’t be arsed to say the same thing again.

They are absolutely not indisputable facts and he absolutely was a terrible signing. Personally I think this is indisputable, can't wrap my head around someone not thinking this but there we are.

They are absolutely not indisputable facts and he absolutely was a terrible signing. Personally I think this is indisputable, can't wrap my head around someone not thinking this but there we are.
I would give up this, you are absolutely right, he was a terrible signing for us and sheff utd, only saving grace was our terrible recruitment team making money on him.
As far as I am aware he has no club now, that tells you how poor he is, even for free no one wants him.

Trying to figure out how Tavernier would fit. Sounds like he might be an upgrade on Marcondes, perhaps Pearson? I would thought we need to sell before we buy in Midfield

Trying to figure out how Tavernier would fit. Sounds like he might be an upgrade on Marcondes, perhaps Pearson? I would thought we need to sell before we buy in Midfield
Box to box, so think more Lerma-esq. Arter maybe.
Also covers wing back, so competes with Zemura.

I would give up this, you are absolutely right, he was a terrible signing for us and sheff utd, only saving grace was our terrible recruitment team making money on him.
As far as I am aware he has no club now, that tells you how poor he is, even for free no one wants him.

I do enjoy the Neil Dawson v SDD debates that ignite from time to time. I think the last one went on for pages - did Tindall or Parker have the stronger squad iirc :D

I think you'd struggle to find a worse buy than Mousset. You put an awful lot of emphasis on that very small purple patch he had, before and after that he was rubbish, and we're not talking 15+ goals here are we? 106 games in English football, 11 goals. You know it's bad when Steve Fletcher's goals-per-game ratio puts you in the shade.

He also had the chance to do a Solanke and prove himself at a lower level, he failed miserably and got released. Think about that, he got released because he was a terrible signing, like Jordon Ibe.
He made Jordan ibe look like neymar!

It'll be just like Status Quo's greatest hits, different titles but all sound similar ( only they go on longer than a prog-rock concept album, that no one ever listens to twice) : )

;