Marcus Tavernier

Joking aside we could play something similar to how Mark Robins sets Coventry up with a box midfield in front of a back three.........so.....
...................................Travers.......

...................Mepham.....Lerma......Kelly.....

Smith..............Pearlo.....Cook...............Zemura

.......................Rothwell.......Billing

................................Dom.
That right side of Mepham and Smith at wing back is very worrying at PL level

How is it hyperbole? They signed the fifth top scorer in the bundesliga last season too for 17.5m. Is it hyperbole to say they signed one of the best strikers in that league too?
Deflection. What has them signing a striker got to do with your original point? You are trying to make out that a central defender in the eight best team in a league is one of the best central defenders in the league? Based on what?

I agree with you on phillips, I am sure there are better defenders out there for a reasonable price

I would say if Parker is looking to play 3 at the back, then of the two van den berg would probably be a better fit than Phillips simply based on the fact that he was at PNE where the played three at the back.

Deflection. What has them signing a striker got to do with your original point? You are trying to make out that a central defender in the eight best team in a league is one of the best central defenders in the league? Based on what?

I agree with you on phillips, I am sure there are better defenders out there for a reasonable price
Based on the fact that he was the standout defender for the team with the fourth best defensive record in the league, and received a MOTM award when they played Bayern Munich. He might well struggle to adapt to English football but he was one of the best defenders in Germany and it’s not hyperbole to say so. A little bit of research into him will show that pundits and reporters etc who watched him in Germany hold a similar opinion.

Apparently van der berg is better than Philips because his Liverpool mates seen him in a reserve game
You’re really very funny. I said Van Der Berg was more highly rated by the majority of Liverpool fans you speak to. I’m not sure who is better as I’ve never seen VDB play, but if he’s not as good as Phillips then he definitely isn’t good enough.

You’re really very funny. I said Van Der Berg was more highly rated by the majority of Liverpool fans you speak to. I’m not sure who is better as I’ve never seen VDB play, but if he’s not as good as Phillips then he definitely isn’t good enough.
You didn’t see either of the two games against PNE last season?

Based on the fact that he was the standout defender for the team with the fourth best defensive record in the league, and received a MOTM award when they played Bayern Munich. He might well struggle to adapt to English football but he was one of the best defenders in Germany and it’s not hyperbole to say so. A little bit of research into him will show that pundits and reporters etc who watched him in Germany hold a similar opinion.
Fair enough, but I would expect the best players in the league to be playing for the best clubs in the league. No international call ups and no experience in the champions league. The Bundesliga seems to be like the Scottish Premiership 2 clubs (in this case 1 club) and then the rest. Maybe being one of the best in that league is not a high bar.

I hope for our sake you are right that he might struggle to adapt

You didn’t see either of the two games against PNE last season?
I did actually, but was paying no attention to anyone in a PNE shirt. I couldn’t tell you whether he played well or not in either game. I’d assume he did alright as I recall that we struggled to break them down in both games.

I did actually, but was paying no attention to anyone in a PNE shirt. I couldn’t tell you whether he played well or not in either game. I’d assume he did alright as I recall that we struggled to break them down in both games.
Like Phillips he gave a bad pass out of the back to an apponent that nearly led to a goal. Seemed to be slow wandering around the back, not really interested in the game.

Joking aside we could play something similar to how Mark Robins sets Coventry up with a box midfield in front of a back three.........so.....
...................................Travers.......

...................Mepham.....Lerma......Kelly.....

Smith..............Pearlo.....Cook...............Zemura

.......................Rothwell.......Billing

................................Dom.

I like this formation. What Parker probably wouldn't like is the lack of a wrong-footed player on each side, so he would switch Billing and Rothwell and expect them to link up with the wing backs and cut in on their better foot. Billing doesn't play well on the right, though so he might put Christie/Tavernier there, and play Phil in a deeper role, take out Pearlo and have him next to Cook on his left. This would stifle Billing too as he needs to play further forward.

He could have something like this:

......................Travs
..................Meps Kelly
Smith.............Lerma........Zemura
........................Cook
........................Billing
............Christie Rothwell
..........................Dom

;