Marcus Tavernier

IF this happens.... it needs to noted, this thread was started in Nov 2017 - by the FactMeister. As he often says, he's never wrong.

Isn’t Tavernier right snd Ritchie left? Doing a job at wing back and vying for a place and passing experience on with Zemura? I wouldn’t fall out with that.
Tavernier very much left sided, although used by Boro more as a central midfielder these days than a wide midfielder or wing back (though he'd be cover to all those spots)

If we're splashing £10m+ on him, we must assume there's money for a couple of CBs
I’m sure the Club are well aware the priority lies with a couple of Centre backs and would assume they’ve ring-fenced money for that position. Whether that would be for two purchases or one on loan or a free we shall see.
Obviously none of us knows the overall transfer budget but I’d be very much surprised if the low end wasn’t £30m and maybe high end £40m.Time will tell but I’d be happy with a Cahill type on a free and a younger guy as bought option. Normally I’m a bit pessimistic with transfers but the last few years I think our recruitment has been good and sensible. Most thought we were quiet in January but that proved we were very busy behind the scenes - with multiple targets and ready made back up options.

Was there talk of loaning Stacey to Middlesborough before as well? I'm really hoping this one comes off. Christie needs competition and Tavenier seems extremely versatile in being able to play at the wing/wing back and number 10 as well.

Was there talk of loaning Stacey to Middlesborough before as well? I'm really hoping this one comes off. Christie needs competition and Tavenier seems extremely versatile in being able to play at the wing/wing back and number 10 as well.

gives options if we have christie and tavernier esp if there are dips in form or substitutions

Get this done and a couple of defenders and we'll be as prepared as we can be. I was worried about cover for Dom but I think Lowe and Moore can step up.

Gazette Live

2" Boro on the charge
Brilliant play from Tavernier to find Giles in space with a long ball. He cuts back to Watmore, whose shot is blocked. Good start.

5" Tav fires over
Tavernier fires the resulting free-kick over the bar. Solid start from Boro, who have the visitors unsettled in the opening stages.

GOALLLL!!!
Tavernier has done it! The Boro winger is on fire!

Last edited:
Would be a great signing from what I’ve heard about him, very energetic midfielder with a bit of quality who can cover a number of positions. Him and Rothwell are the type of signings we need. More of this type of link please and less of the Fredericks and Ritchie type links.

Would be a great signing from what I’ve heard about him, very energetic midfielder with a bit of quality who can cover a number of positions. Him and Rothwell are the type of signings we need. More of this type of link please and less of the Fredericks and Ritchie type links.

There's only one Lion Friendrocks. One Lion Friendrocks. ...

;