Marcus Tavernier

Considering our transfer deals in the past with Chris Wilder I’m surprised we haven’t been able to bag a swap deal for the old Fletch statue in the club shop.

David Brooks £11.5 million and Aaron Ramsdale £1 million from Sheffield U.

Sold Ramsdale back to them for £18.5 million.

Not forgetting Mousset.
Part of the side that kept them up in the first season so worth every penny and a shrewd buy.

I’m assuming we are assuming the same logic for 5 PL goal Mousset as we used for 0 PL goal Grabban. Else we would be hypocritical…

Is Chris Wilder preparing the Boro fans for the departure of their star player?

Think recently he had been hoping to keep Tavernier.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport...s/chris-wilder-makes-liverpool-sadio-24568474

Hmmm, I was hoping he'd say something like :

"Let's be honest here, when a club of the stature of Bournemouth comes knocking, what can we realistically do ? We can't stand in the lad 's way and deny him his dream move, can we ? To have the chance to perform in the Premier League, playing alongside stars such as Dominic Solanke and Phil Billing, how could I, hand on heart, deny him his shot at the big time ? There's no way that we at little old Boro could compete with a football powerhouse like AFC Bournemouth. Good luck to the lad !"

Hmmm, I was hoping he'd say something like :

"Let's be honest here, when a club of the stature of Bournemouth comes knocking, what can we realistically do ? We can't stand in the lad 's way and deny him his dream move, can we ? To have the chance to perform in the Premier League, playing alongside stars such as Dominic Solanke and Phil Billing, how could I, hand on heart, deny him his shot at the big time ? There's no way that we at little old Boro could compete with a football powerhouse like AFC Bournemouth. Good luck to the lad !"

I suppose in private he could have uttered those words, but made sure it was well out of the way of earshot of journalists and fans. :grinning:

Part of the side that kept them up in the first season so worth every penny and a shrewd buy.

I’m assuming we are assuming the same logic for 5 PL goal Mousset as we used for 0 PL goal Grabban. Else we would be hypocritical…

Or you could look at it another way. The £1 million spent on Josh King was worth every penny to keep us up for the first few seasons.

Still trying to 'big up' Lyss.

;