Marcus Tavernier

Probably putting the videos together of him arriving, medical and interview.

It did mention it should be completed by the weekend, we normally hear later in the day re signings.

According to the BBC he’s been signed by an unknown premier league club. We really are flying under the radar this season.

From today’s website and more from Chris Wilder who mentions we soon recognised he was an eight.

It might not be until early next week when the transfer officially goes through, but Tavernier won't be part of the Boro squad for Saturday's game against West Brom. Wilder is naturally disappointed to lose a player of Tavernier's quality but says he and the club did everything they could to keep the midfielder on Teesside.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/chris-wilder-discusses-long-talks-24619162

Last edited:
You make the assumption that a signed deal is the sum total of the negotiation. They may have to identify and make approaches for 10 players for any particular spot, get 5 semi-positive and 5 "go away" responses. Then they have to firm up the 5 to probably 3 maybes, have 2 players turn down a move to AFCB and be left with a single signing.

They are also allowed to take leave during this time, unless of course you think they should go during the season.
I was about to answer this then saw @dragonm8 had written a reply better than I could.

Anyway, the hypocrisy cheered up my lunch break so thanks for that!

Anyway..back to thread. So is this effectively done but waiting for the social media stuff or not yet done?

I don't understand his beef. The transfer window has always been the end of August since it was introduced 20 years ago. It would do his nut to have transfers going on until the last Thursday of March, like when he was a player.

It's a stupid system anyway, go back to how it was when I was a lad, you could buy and sell players whenever you wanted (up until the last Thursday in March) and still have change from a tanner. Benefits everyone that way.

;